1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamilton's impact on Houston's rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets2012, Feb 28, 2014.

1. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/22709/hamiltons-impact-on-houstons-rotation

Also checked the stats between Hamilton and Parsons. In their first two seasons, Hamilton actually did better in advanced stats(better PER) and he's a couple years younger as well. Be prepared to see more steal/rebound/block from Hamilton based on the past stats.

Looks like Hamilton is always very good, and Morey knows what he's getting.

2. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

This article come out the same day the Clippers signed Granger? :confused:

3. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

It's actually from last week. I didn't see anyone post it, and thought it's still relevent.

4. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/Grades-140220/trade-grades-trade-deadline-buzzer-beaters

Interesting idea to use Hamilton as stretch 4.

5. roksoer

roksoer Member

Funny he looks a lot like Barnes to me as well

6. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

My slight concern is we may not be able to resign him after the season. I guess we don't have his bird right?

7. bongman

bongman Member

I thought Barnes is brought in for his defense and anything he adds to the offense is just bonus.

8. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

Nah, it's more so the other way around. He's just struggled all season with his scoring that he's had to try to make up for it by playing hard at the other end. He's not exactly a defensive stopper or spark off the bench.

9. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

The stretch 4 idea is interesting, because Hamilton is one of the top defensive rebounders at wing position, if not the best one. Also Barnes played as stretch 4 pretty well in last year's playoff.

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Trading for Hamilton was a signature move of Morey. Hamilton was underutilized due to a glut of wings in Denver. However he put up great numbers in a very limited role. That is very difficult to do in the NBA because if a player is in for a couple of 5 minute stretches in a game they are going to be the last option offensively for the team.

Hamilton or Granger? Hamilton or Granger? Well Morey made his decision and I believe it was the right one.

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

No, we don't since Denver declined his 4th year option. He will be a FA.

12. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Of course there's sample size and perception, but purely by PER Hamilton is better than both Branes and Parsons in their respective age...Reminded me of the Lowry signing.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/stor...re-drummond-part-stars-deserving-more-minutes

This is from a few months ago, but it's scary to put him in the same class as Drummond and Hensen as one of 5 breakout candidates from statistical perspective.

13. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

unrestricted?

14. steady

steady Member

15. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

Isn't Barnes supposedly a great defender? I don't know whether Hamilton's a good defender or not. But he probably isn't that good if he can't get minutes, especially given the dearth of "3 and D" players in the NBA.

We should because he came via trade. But players like Hamilton are a dime a dozen. No need to worry if he blows up and get a big contract elsewhere. Morey certainly has never had trouble finding role players.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

I liked what i saw from him so far, quick passer, high IQ. Quick fit & nice fix on both ends .

18. trugoy

trugoy Member

He's played well enough so far that not only should he take all of Casspi and Garcia's minutes, he could take some of Parson's minutes too. That would be great if it happens, would put pressure on Parsons to focus more on defense.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Not the finest advanced stat around but Harrison Barnes RAPM this season: -2.8 offense, -0.5 defense. D-Mo, even after a horrible start is +0.5 on defense. So no, Barnes is not a great defender.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I wonder what kind of money he'll fetch. $3-4 million? I think at $3 million per he'd be a great guy to have.