1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Growlers To Go (Craft Beer)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CourtOfDreams, Feb 4, 2013.

1. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Read about it in the Houston Press, and a buddy told me about it. Went in there, prices were good, sizes range from 32, 64 and 128oz. Has a sassy list of beers (not yet up on their website, but on their facebook its there)
    I went with a 64 of Alaskan Black IPA, and my buddy went with 128 of Independence Stash (mine was better).
    Just seeing if anyone else as made it in there yet, they have only been open for like a week I think.
    Also I remember hearing about Moon Tower doing growlers to go (I think on only mondays or something though), what are some other places that do it?
    And a recommendation on my next beer to get from there would be appreciated. I have had the Buff Brew Double 1836, thinking that is my next choice.

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

3. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

That gif sums it up.

4. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wK2OqpjCWj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Growlers are pretty common in other cities. But for some reason, Houston was never big on it.

imo, 128 oz is too much unless you are having a party...and then I'd still buy two 64s of two different beers, instead of a 128. Growlers can go flat pretty quickly. Two days is ok; anything past that is pushing it.

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

128 oz sounds excessive haha

7. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

and i thought playing edward 40 hands was too much

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I purchased one Friday at the local Whole Foods. $11 for 64 oz. of Real Ale's Devil's Backbone. Well worth it to me. No Label was $9. I have a new Friday tradition.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

that's pretty cheap. They go for $14 here, even at the craft beer maker's pub -- no middle man.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

THANK YOU. Buncha Debbie Downer friends of mine are like "you can get 72 oz. of No Label in bottles for $8" and they're totally missing the point here.

11. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

lol............dat beer iz less than 8 bux a 6 pack @ costco.........6x12 = 72oz = $7.50.............dont all go flat in an hour neither........lol you got ripped

12. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

.......if u like keg brew so much ghet a keg dat dont go bad....64 in 1 go iz dumb dood