1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greatest Memory of Greatest Memory Threads

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SmeggySmeg, Sep 10, 2000.

Tags:
  1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

What a Joke, this off season is killing BBS and me, first the Cat threads, then the Mo (CancerMan) threads, and now the greatest memory threads, please let the season start or even training camp or even a pick up game between some rocket players, anything............please.

We should be in training, but everyone is wasting this off season and it will come back to haunt us when the season starts and I seriously doubt the CC.Net BBS will make the discussion forum playoffs. Get in Shape!!!!

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

it's your fault Smeg.

Without your typical "if the Rockets ______ was a ________ , what kind of ________ would it be?" threads, the BBS has turned into ****.

ya know?

------------------
    I am so exasperated that I could expectorate.

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I believe if the Rockets concentrate on defense during camp, they could win 50 games this season.

They seemed to become very comfortable late last season on the offensive end. Of course none of us liked the losing aspect, but it was to be expected with all the new players that joined the Rockets last season. Francis, Cato, Los, Pig, Shandon, Moochie, KT, Wiz and Devin Gray were all first year Rockets. Only Dream, Chuck, Mobley, Drew and Bullard had played together before.

For this reason alone, having a year together, the Rockets will be an improved team.

However, defense is the key to, not only making the playoffs, but advancing once we get there.

Hopefully Cato will be healthy for a full season. He provides a nice defensive presence in the middle. Also if Dream returns to (somewhat) his old form, the Rockets will be drastically improved on defense.

This team will have no trouble scoring points, the problems will be on the defensive side of the ball.

PLEASE RUDY, USE TRAINING CAMP TO IMPLEMENT DEFENSE!!!!!

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

4. hetero doxy

hetero doxy Member

bob-

are you a schizophrenic?

------------------

5. SmeggySmeg

Bob*,

nice post, actually great post for you, perhaps your best post since you started your "1000 and beyond posts as quickly as possible quest"

and i agree with what you are saying, and hopefully ruddy wil realise this too and implement hours of shell drill at training camp.

However, you missed the point I was not saying the rockets will miss the playoffs, i was saying that the CC.net BBS posters and posts will not be up to standard this season, due to most of the board (HP, Oeil, and CK and myself excluded) wasting away this off-season on Cat, Mo and greatest memory threads. Everyone is out of shape and won't be able to produce quality threads and posts during the regular season to match the rockets performance.

CC.net BBS will be in the lotto this year.

CK,

I realise i have not help the situation, and aim to rectify the sitaution asap. Preason training starts soon, so do the wind sprints and shell drill on BBS.

Smeg

------------------

6. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

smeg,

I understand what you were posting about, I was merely tryin to spark some interest in talking about the Rockets as a team, instead of individuals.

I agree the BBS is getting very stale. Take pop's post of the Rockets- Warriors trade rumor. After the first 30 posts in the thread it became rediculous in its length as well as its purpose.

Just one example of how boring the BBS has been of late.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Boring?

Huh...

ZzZzzzZZzz

------------------

8. Gascon

Gascon Member

Guys, come on...

It's called the offseason, you should be used to it by now.

I don't know what past offseasons have been like on Clutch.BBS, but I can't imagine them being full of insightful commentary about every aspect of the Rockets and the game of basketball day in and day out........

Now, I realize that a lot of us, myself included, don't have much else to do...but seriously. It's the offseason....

It's not supposed to be that terribly interesting.

My hat's off to the administration for creating and maintaining a site that has been as interesting as this one has been.

I can't wait for the regular season.

Until then, however.......relax.

------------------
    Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead.

No, wait, not me...you.

9. davo

davo Contributing Member

Smeg,

"...due to most of the board (HP, Oeil, and CK and myself excluded) wasting away this off-season on Cat, Mo and greatest memory threads"

I hope this is a joke - trouble is, I can't tell anymore. Maybe I've been in America too long - I'm starting to lose the ability to detect sarcasm.

------------------
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

10. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

davo,

Aren't you an Aussie by birth?
    Smeg claims to be an Aussie, so you have already lost touch with 'Roo sarcasm?

Mango

------------------
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum.
    Things happening in the rest of the NBA
    2. Use clear wording for new threads.
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult.
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Donate Blood or be assimilated!

11. davo

davo Contributing Member

Mango,

Not only am I Australian by birth, I'm still Australian - I just live in Houston.

Sarcasm is an element of Australian (and British) humor that is sometimes misinterpreted by Americans, hence I seldom use it.

My concern is that I can't tell if Smeg is being sarcastic in this thread when he is critical of junk posts.

------------------
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

12. SmeggySmeg

Confusing Isn't It

------------------