1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Grantland) Josh Smith Exit Interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, May 28, 2015.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, he wants instant championship, I heard he's really good at managing his NBA 2k roster... :rolleyes:

His comment on Smith doing bad in WCF is laughable, especially since the Rockets aren't even there without him... Hell he almost beat the Mavs himself in game 4...

I think with DMo and Smith playing the 4 it could allow Houston to find a pg and be ready next year... No need to throw it all away, especially if Smith is basically free.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

How in that hell a team becomes a 2nd seed in a most competitive conference, go all the way to the conference finals and not be a "realistic contender"? :rolleyes:

We were missing people, but we were contenders.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[​IMG]

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

So who where the realistic contenders in your opinion?

Only GS?

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Theres only one realistic contender every year, and we know by July.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

DD is an idiot..... H needs to go back on his sabbatical and leave for a few years. This is the best trackers have been in 20 years. DD like Goran and chase bud he thought they were real players, seemed to think when we were winning 44 games a year and making the 9th seed that we were closer tot contending then now that we've avg 55 wins back2back and made the WCF with a 25 yr old MVP candidate. Woke of you guys must have a really unhealthy life.... So negative all the time. Only two fan bases would rather not be in our shoes and their playing in the NBA finals.

1 person likes this.
  7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I do agree that we have issues mentally. Bev and Dmo would have helped in that department as well. Too many headcases for my liking and Harden and Smith epitomize that. Can look like MJ one minute then a rookie the next. Getting Smoove back is still worth it but the mental focus and consistent efforts have got to get better for the team to get to the finals. Howard and his terrible ft shooting is also a sign of mental weakness IMO. I am worried they won't magically get better in this area. Our only hope is for Harden to mature like Lebron did after some of his playoff mental issues early in his career.

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I agree we need better shooting.

But second only to the Warriors = "toast?" Good lord.

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I try not to call anyone an idiot anymore, having done it already enough for two lifetimes, but otherwise I couldn't agree with this post more.

10. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I see the lakers given him a nice offer. I wonder if Smith reject a 8 million per yesr offer.
    I Hope Morey offer him the 2,49 million for this year and make an under the table offer for the next 3 season.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL some people just aren't content unless the Rockets win a ring, considering its been 2 decades already I guess they just like to b**** and moan for 20 years.

The Rockets are 2nd seed in the tougher Western conference and they proved it by getting all the way to the WCF. Sure they lost 4-1 however they were also missing two key starters, Bev who would've hounded Curry and DMO who was a 7 footer who could've made life difficult for Draymond Green and whoever else they had at the 4 spot. They were basically the 3rd best team in the entire NBA season so how are they not contenders? :rolleyes: If by "contender" you meant not the champion then yeah maybe they aren't a contender wtf.

As for Josh Smith you bring him back if he wants to come back on a small salary, it is a no brainer. Josh Smith has a lot of faults, but at the end of the day this is a starting caliber player extremely happy to come off the bench so why not bring him back at 2-3M? He will be especially needed if we do indeed trade TJones away to get more help at the other positions.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's more about the chemistry with the timing and sweet spot to get the ball to a teammate. I do agree the fancy or risky passes are just crippling.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

So GSW and the Cavs were the only realistic contenders this season, then?

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When I go back and see how the officiating was given in GSW's favor.. Games 1 and 2 were Ws.. The series is would be 3-2 right with a win at home to send it to the Finals.

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

GSW was on another tier. Rox, grizzlies, spurs, and clippers in the other. IMO, they latter were contenders for the WCF, the former contenders for the NBA title.

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Josh has to cut down on his turnover, I will rather him take a bad shot than turn the ball over so much. Dude is so headstrong when it comes to his play making ability.

17. Postpremium

Postpremium Member

Nook is just burning DD. Love it!

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Or, if McHale had yanked Howard earlier in Game 1 when it was clear he wasn't all there....or Harden in Game 5, when he was so tired he LOOKED drunk (although that's a tougher call, given the elimination situation), or if Bad Josh Smith hadn't reared his ugly head in Game 2 (Sir Jacks-a-Lot, 5 for 17).

Would have changed the complexion of the series. Like, if the Magic hadn't bricked those free throws to end Game 1 in the NBA Finals, how would that series have gone?

The ref situation wasn't 1990's Kings-Lakers horrific. We were just there in the first two games and Harden ran out of gas.

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

I am glad i stay away from these forums during the off season because some of you clowns really dont know much about bball

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Clippers have been in the playoffs their last 4 seasons, in 3 of those seasons they have had a top 4 seed. They still haven't past the 2nd round, and they have had a very solid foundation of a team.

Rockets have only been in the playoffs in their 3 seasons, and only had a top 4 seed the last 2. Rockets lost in the first round for one, lost in the WCF in their 2nd run whiles missing two key starters. As far as performance goes, Rockets have went further in far less time, without tanking as well, than the Clippers ever did in the same span of time.

Do some people think the results of game 1 and game 2 against the Warriors would be the same if the Rockets had DMO (their 2nd best offensive player) and Beverley (best PG defender on this team)?