1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. HookemHorns1250

Clutch has given us a huge...opportunity and I feel like it hasn't been used as much, or as well as it should be.

Lately we've had around 3-4 people in the game day chat (Found in the game day thread), and I feel like we can do better. Why talk in the thread when you you'll just have to refresh the page only to find your post was two pages ago. Come join us in the Clutch Chat that starts 30 minutes before game time and discuss Rockets basketball, but more importantly the game while it's going on.

No we don't argue to the point of stupidity in there about certain players, we have fun just enjoying the game.

I hope to see more of y'all in there as the games head towards the playoffs. Harrassment and Daze did a great job helping with recruiting for the chat tonight and I believe we went from 4 to in the 20's tonight! Keep it up and let's come together during games where you can't make it, and road games!

Go Rockets!

2. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Huh, thanks for the PSA. I might do that next time im at home during a game!

1 person likes this.
  3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah good times in chat tonight. We used to have that place rocking on game nights, so would be great to get a nice crowd again for the remaining games/playoffs. It's a lot easier to talk about the game in there in real time, so come check it out people!

http://clutchfans.net/chat/

1 person likes this.
  4. MaoKhan

MaoKhan Member

dam never knew about this feature

1 person likes this.
  5. King901

King901 Member

I think most people chat in whatever stream they are using.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

For all you lurkers, you don't even have to be a member to chat!

(If I'm not mistaken)

1 person likes this.
  7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I show up there and nobody says much...

1 person likes this.
  8. HookemHorns1250

NP! I just remember the last time it was full..when we were playing the Blazers in the playoffs. The chat was flat out amazing. It was literally an arena on the computer....people going crazy...Rockets fan coming together for one common purpose, to pull for the Rockets.

Hopefully we can build the chat up each and every night...more and more and get ready for the playoffs because we aren't far from it!

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Stick around, i'm sure it will catch on soon once more people are aware of it.

I'v been a member for 3 years, i'v followed the this for like 5 or 6 now and i never knew of it. It seems like it could be real fun if there was more people on it, next game join guys!

1 person likes this.
  10. HookemHorns1250

I think it use to be a rule back when we had mods who were there each night that guests had to have a name, but I'm not sure if that's the case any more.

We'd love for y'all to have names though! That way in chat you may run into someone you chat with regularly in the GARM or the Hangout and such.

11. HookemHorns1250

Just a cheap question, and Clutch is there any news on other mods that could be in the chat?

I haven't seen Moes in there, nor Hayesfan (Miss both :( ), DrRoy comes in every now and then, but the only reason I'm bringing this up is that some of the newbies that join the chat for the first time have forgotten about the cursing rule, and there's no mod to unban then for the game, or to enforce the guest naming rule.

Anyway, my apologies for the bump, and remember chat will be live again against Minnesota! Hope to see y'all there.

12. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I used to join the chat quite often.....that was when I could watch the game at home and be on my computer at the same time. Now if I want to watch a game, I have to go out, thus....no access to my computer :( Maybe one day.....

13. coffeelover665

I thought the gamechat was the roxnation stream lol.

14. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I would, but I have to stream the games.. So, I hook my laptop up to my TV and it sits there for 2 hours basically.

15. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I remembered the nights when I was at the University that I followed the gamechat and people were doing play by play. I'm still gratefull for that. It was the only way for me to follow game live.

Many times a lot of people reacted to a play and I had no idea what happened, especially with game winners.

I do not miss those days (especially since we lost to the Jazz those play-off series).

16. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I think the diminishing participation is due to lack of ability to view the games. I know I used to get on chat all the time...now, I have to have my laptop on League Pass broadband to stream to my tv ;)

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Used to frequent the game chats last season, there were a good number of us. Then it got a little crowded once in a while and it's hard for anyone to be heard.

Has the Bot allowed us to curse after a win/loss yet?