1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN / Watkins] Harden, Howard and Rockets face uncertainty

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Apr 27, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

dwight should leave for his own good. im in the minority when it comes to whatever he has left. he has a lot more than he's shown this season. have no choice but to stick with harden. though i wouldnt mind him traded..only if we get a ton in return..and we keep howard for around 15m per.

i dont think harden will ever be a first option and building around him is just recipe for failure.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So based on what you're saying you would rather keep Howard at $15 million per season along with whatever haul we get for Harden than to keep Harden at $16 million per season with whatever players we can bring in?

I don't know how you can hitch your wagon to a player that's clearly on the decline at both ends of the floor.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This is also laughable:

Portland? Why would Lillard want to play with him?

Charlotte? They have enough trouble scoring so why would Jordan want a mentally fragile player on the decline?

Milwaukee? I'd love to see a front court duo of Howard and Monroe. I mean it' s not as if Monroe has ever been successfully paired with an offensively-challenged front court mate that can't hit free throws.

Orlando? Only place that'd be crazy enough to sign him...probably because they feel bad for him.

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i've heard from a fairly reliable source (former player) that the relationship has been this way for awhile. he also puts most of the blame at howard, pretty much echoing what Nero said. his teammates don't believe he is fully committed and don't think he does enough to really elevate his game. essentially, he's not professional enough.

look, the track record is there - orlando, LA and now Houston. for all of harden's warts - and there are plenty - it seems pretty obvious that the tinder for this firestorm is dwight.

6. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Agreed, good point. Watkins take on Harden's behavior to me is mostly smoke and mirrors. It's not that bad. On the other hand, Harden's complaints about Howard seem to echo those of Kobe's. Howard says he is a competitor, that he cares, and wants to win, but its hard to take him seriously when he is goofing off literally in the middle of the game. I mean, maybe he is, maybe that's his personality. But that doesn't make it any easier, because most superstars get to be superstars by being narcissists who throw hissy fits when they lose. Guys like that can't handle Howard's jovial nature. It's really hard to lead a team when you're that fun loving. Harden's sulking is preferable to Howard's goofing off. You can teach Harden to channel his immature reaction, Howard not so much.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

this goes back to why JB plays him so much....JB mentioned months ago that he felt JEt improved on court flow/chemistry...basically he was implying he needed JET out there to try and parent james and howard....obviously it wasn't worked like expected, which is probably why JET has said some things out of frustration this year..but if you're the coach, and know that those two guys clearly need a mediator, then how do you not keep putting JET out there? Was Lawson going to parent them? Thornton? Goudelock?

8. nemac

nemac Member

It seems Howard and Smith were AAU teammates!

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

he answered in the duplicate thread

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Big thing that stood out to me was:

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Well said, but Harden doesn't like to defend. Having a high offensive load is no excuse for poor defensive effort. He is no Kobe, let alone MJ. We need an alpha
    leader and a solid head coach, with authority and a strong supporting staff.

12. underrated015

underrated015 Member

this had to come out before game 5? thanks BSPN

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

bingo

14. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Play harder, follow harder - no stalking though

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

As I keep saying Mauri has enabled and allowed Harden to have this organization by the balls from top to bottom and unfortunately if that doesn't change soon, Rockets can forget about a ring

Harden can do whatever the F he wants knowing full well he will not have any repercussions and may in fact be encouraged by Murray

16. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Howard is about to drop a 30-20 on the stat sheet

17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

During the second-half of the season he avoids the fried foods at the strip club buffet.

18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

The encouraging thing to me is that Harden seems to care so much about winning. From the outside looking in this season, it has appeared at times that he is just disinterested.

19. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Ring? Have you looked at the roster next year, and with no draft pick? This team will threaten for the #1 pick next year..

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Or everything could be solved by replacing Howard with someone who's going to be competitively checked in...

Remember how well we played last year without him. Obviously we can't just get anyone, still need talent, but it seems like this move would be a huge positive for the team.