1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Finals] (3)Boston vs. (5)Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 11, 2020.

?

(3)Boston vs. (5)Miami

Poll closed Sep 15, 2020.
  1. Celtics in 4

4.0%
  2. Celtics in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Celtics in 6

20.0%
  4. Celtics in 7

12.0%
  5. Heat in 7

28.0%
  6. Heat in 6

32.0%
  7. Heat in 5

4.0%
  8. Heat in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Pretty interesting note, but this is Andre Iguodala's 6th straight trip to the NBA Finals.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Didn’t take pat and spo long to turn it around. Much respect to them and the whole heat team. Now go kick the lakers ass.

Easy, RustyHarden and J.R. like this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

No confetti for the Heat? LA got confetti last night...

hakeem94 and Rocket River like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Uhh well, I mean I'm not sure what your point is here tbh? If you mean skilled big men like Bam and Jokic who are extremely good passers dont grow on trees, then yea I would agree.

5. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Miami's offense isn't the most beautiful to watch (14 spurs, 15 warriors) nor is it the most prolific or efficient but damn if it isn't fun.

Butler is the "star" but every player who is on the court is allowed to take over the offense. One dimensional players like robinson aren't just regulated to the corners. Rookies like herro aren't just regulated to catch and shoot. Center bam isn't only allowed touches on the post or on the roll.

From old washed up vets iggy/crowder to young players to stars like Butler and dragic, none always dominate the ball or the shot.
    It isn't 4 players standing around watching one or waiting to see if they will get a shot.
    Instead it's anyone is liable to initiate the offense, constant motion, screening and feeding the hot hand.

Miami is the best illustration of team and the sum of their parts surpassing their talent since the 14-16 warriors.

I heavily favor the lakers in the finals, but think Miami's defense/zone will give the lakers problem. Will def be rooting for this team.

hakeem94 and GotGame15 like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

14-16 Warriors had 3 HOF on their team tbf, its not like a team with Draymond, Klay and Steph arent expected to dominate.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Lebron payed for that confetti out of his own pocket.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I big man that doesn't need to post up (or needs someone to give him the ball) is a unicorn in this league. That's my point.

9. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

I guess I'll be rooting for Iguodala defending Lebron. Yikes:(
    At least I like their coach, so it's all good :D

10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

No doubt they were very good to great players, but were those three players and the rest of the roster really 67 and 73 wins great?

That's the best two season record in the history of the nba, which is only surpassed by jordans bulls 69 72. Curry is great but he isn't jordan, magic or bird. Only one of which could match curry's team record. And klay is definitely not a pippen or mchale etc.

Warriors winning 67 in 14 (after winning 51 and losing in the 1st round the previous year) was a surprise to everyone in the league. As harden infamously stated during the season "they ain't even that good".

Winning 73 the next season was obviously something none expected.

HP3 likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

I think the second point here is a more important distinction. I agree with it. But also though it's still a perimeter's players league. While guys like Jokic or Bam are amazing and useful I dont think they could ever be a number one option on a championship team.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea...I would say so. Curry is the greatest shooter ever, one of the best offensive player's ever, probably a top 20 player ever as well. Draymond will go down as one of the best defensive player's of all time. I mean that when I say this, he's on Tim Duncan's level in terms of defensive impact(just my opinion though). He's also a very useful offensive player. Klay Thompson is a HOF....and the second best shooter ever. Then they had Andre Iguodala(sixth man, hof), Leandro Barbosa(another sixth man), and Shaun Livingston(when he was a mid range king) on their bench. That's alot of talent.

I mean...Mark Jakson...also just isnt a good coach, Im wondering what their trajectory actually would have been had a different coach besides either of those 2(Kerr or Jackson) took over. But that's besides the point really. I just dont think that you have a dude with an MVP(one of them unanimous), a DPOY and the second greatest shooter ever and go .....well yea they are definetly more then the sum of their parts.

I know no one was expecting it, but i cant really sit there and say they are some group exceeding the sum of their parts when their parts are in fact....like top class relative to the league.

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Can't disagree too much with your post, except maybe a little about klay and draymonds talent/value as compared to other 2nd and 3rd stars on other great teams.

It just boils down to me thinking the warriors winning more than any other team except one mj team in the history of the nba is an overachievement and not a reflection of the teams true talent. YMMV

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IMO Boston had more talent and was simply out coached

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.