1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dynamo release Landin

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rhino17, Jul 14, 2010.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/soc/7107056.html

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Good riddance to Landin. What a waste.

Hey, maybe this means they're going after Henry!

;)

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Landin was a bust.

Spencer is headed towards an expansion team.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL. Nice way for management to say "You know... he totally sucked." :grin:
    You called it back in MAY. :eek:

I kept wanting him to get BETTER. I'm always up for a second chance, but he never came over the hump, so to speak... his front hump always got in the way.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That's what SHE SAID.... :eek: :eek: :grin: :eek: :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

6. luisantonio1014

Sucks he had to be cut, but he did kind of suck! He was too slow and couldn't hold on to the ball. Should've gone after Chicharito instead before he was recruited by Man U.

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not surprising that the Dynamo had to release him. It's a shame that he never lived up to his potential. As somebody else said, maybe we'll actually get lucky one day and find the next Chicharrito instead of the next Caraccio.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Maybe it's me but every time I watched the guy, it either looked like he was incredibly slow or just never played very hard ever. I have a feeling it was the latter.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's both.

10. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Chicharito would have never come to Houston, and the Dynamo couldn't even come close to affording him.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I believe there's a good chance Spenny will end up in Portland.

Landin for all his laziness, fitness etc was one of the nicest players on the Dynamo and I can't think of any of his teammates or Dynamo staff that didn't like him. Unfortunately I think all would rather have him be a prat yet be in shape and hustling like nobody's business.

12. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I don't follow the Dynamo, so I'm going to ask this question. How come they traded or let go some of the players that helped them win 2 straight championships. I'm mostly asking about the dude with braids.

13. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Players left for a lot of reasons.

Many had more lucrative contract offers awaiting overseas - like Ricardo Clark, Nate Jaqua, Stuart Holden and others.

De Rosario wanted to finish his career in Canada - so he was traded.

Others just got old and lost a step or two.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

De Rosario (the dude with the braids) is Canadian and he requested to go back home and play for Toronto FC, the Houston granted his request. Stuart Holden and Ricardo Clark both played on the US national team at the world cup, they are too good to be playing in the MLS. They also make a lot more money in Europe, so Clark went to Germany and Holden went to England. Joseph Ngwenya left as well and played in Austria and Turkey, but returned to Houston this season. Other guys have been taken in expansion drafts such as Nate Jaqua Ryan Cochrane (although they made a trade to bring him back). Just like most european basketball players aim to play in the NBA and if they don't make it, they return to Europe to play ball. This is the same scenario, except Europe is the big time and the US is the minors

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Guys I didn't know where to put this but there is a pretty sweet deal to the MLS all-stars vs man united game in Reliant Stadium.

Last day to order your tickets for this special offer is tomorrow. ;)

16. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

17. luisantonio1014

Actually he might've come here since he wasn't being scouted that much yet at the time the dynamo got Landin. They probably would've gotten him for the same price as Landin because of his age and experience.

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/dynamo-officially-welcome-ralston-assistant

Spencer's replacement has been named.

Steve Ralston retired last night from the Rev and will be taking over asst. Coaching duties.