1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Ready to Sign Long Term With Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by wiseguyX, Jul 19, 2012.

1. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Sources confirm @JRudolphSports report that Dwight Howard is ready to join Lakers. If traded to LA DH will re-sign long-term with team

Not surprised...

Plan B is bynum....but it's going to depend on whether or not he'll sign long term with cleveland.

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Get in there and out bid Cleveland for Bynum!!

4. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

GUYS, relax

this commitment still does not change ANYTHING. We should start worrying about plan B when BYNUM agrees to an extension with Orlando. But why the hell would he do that, when he gets to play with Nash for 2 years, contend, and then get the franchise to be his after kobe/nash retires.

Our trade offer is still the best, and whether Orlando wants to take it or not, thats up to Orlando. simple as that.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Keep our guys, let other teams have the dumbasses.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we can get Bynum for marginally less than what it would have cost for Dwight, I will be ecstatic.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think Orlando would want Bynum even if he would sign an extension anyway. Doesn't fit what they're trying to do, just puts them in a worse position than they were with Dwight.

8. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

Fine, but Clev wont do it unless Bynum signs an extension with Cle.... AND either way our rockets trade offer is still the best offer out there. It's just posturing by D12's camp and ORL. The Asik thing needs to resolve first, and D12 will come to Hou no doubt in my mind. Probably around Teusday/Wed

9. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Maybe Orlando decided that we don't have the best deal out there thus all the Cleveland rumors. I wouldn't be surprised if the rockets get diddly squat. Whatever though, it's a win win either way. We get the young team that we wanted.

10. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

The article said LA's largest "roadblock" was Dwight signing a long term contract. I think their biggest roadblock is that they'll need a third team to facilitate a deal. They can't do it on their own.

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

If Cleveland can get Bynum for Varajao and picks we should be able to get Bynum for Martin, Patterson, Toronto pick. Throw in Morris if you have too.

Id much rather have Bynum anyways.

Lin/Machado
    Lamb/Lee
    Parsons/Jones
    Motiejunas/White
    Bynum/Asik

would make us the third best team in the West and very attractive to free agents.

12. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Yep our offer is better than what the Cavs are offering but wow would be surprised if the Cavs are the 3rd team involved and not the Rockets.

13. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

As long as LA takes at least one of the bad contracts from Orlando, I wouldn't mind facilitating them getting Dwight. Getting Bynum for a slightly lesser package would not be a bad Plan B at all.

14. Uwe1974

Uwe1974 New Member

dunno if already posted:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/19/report-howard-ready-to-join-lakers/

Dwight Howard has long coveted the Brooklyn Nets as his next landing spot, but after a summer filled with daily rumors of four-team trade proposals, the six-time All-Star has moved on from his Big Apple infatuation and is locked in on joining the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell RealGM.

The Lakers, Orlando Magic and Cleveland Cavaliers are reportedly discussing a three-team trade that would send Howard to the Lakers, Andrew Bynum to the Cavaliers, while the Magic would receive Anderson Varejao and multiple draft picks.

Howard has always been impressed with the Lakers’ winning tradition and intrigued with the off-court opportunities that come with playing in Los Angeles.

Questions about Howard’s role with the team, however, became an early concern for the three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year. Howard has since moved on from those concerns and is confident he will be an integral part of a team that will have a chance to compete immediately for a championship, according to sources that spoke with RealGM.

The Lakers are reportedly ready to make the trade, but first need assurance from Howard that he will commit to the team long-term. Sources say Howard is “excited” about the opportunity to play for the Lakers and will re-sign with the team when his contract expires at the end of the 2012-13 season.

15. Raven

Raven Member

16. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

Trust me, I would LOVE Bynum. But I absolutely HATE the Lakers (I'm from LA too lol) and sometimes my hate for them is more than my love for the Rockets. I would hate for the Lakers to get D12 and be the favs to win the chip.
    However, I don't think Orlando would be very fond of Houston choosing to go for Bynum over D12. They simply would say no, either we trade D12 to you for the better package, or we work something else. No way Orlando wants Houston to take Bynum so they're gonna work hard at trying to avoid 3 ways with Houston and just have D12 straightup to Htown.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

jopat faints

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

or we'll stay in the lottery until we get a Cousins, a Big Dog Robinson - both are not that great but in the right environment they could be

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His agent must hate H-Town with a passion

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

F the lakers
    F Dwight
    I hope he and Kobe implode and make LA fall into the Pacific.