1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Morey go on vacation now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HouStu_Rocket, Jul 20, 2015.

1. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Like seriously, what else can he do to improve this team this offseason?

2. newAge_Rockets

Sign Chuck Hayes and Jason Terry to minimum contracts.

Lawson/Beverley/Terry
    Harden/McDaniels/Thornton
    Ariza/Brewer/Dekker
    Motiejunas/Jones/Harrell
    Howard / Capela/Hayes

Full roster!

3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Cruise time with Burt Steele

1 person likes this.
  4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

rather have Alan Williams

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

let the fans know that ariza wont be playing 40+mpg and the regular season athreeza will be back, then sign terry, which solves out inefficient 3pt chucking problems.

then of course when he's on vacation he can cut down a bit on weight by passing some them cheeseburgers my way :grin:

6. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Machines don't need vacations ;)

Seriously I think he deserves one. I'm not sure how long a typical vacation for the GM of a professional franchise is ....but I say that he needs to shore up this last roster spot tomorrow or Tuesday and then take the rest of the week/weekend off and come back refreshed next Monday :cool:

7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I don't think Dork Elvis is done yet.

[​IMG]

8. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

We still need another PG and C. Re-sign Terry and hopefully we can get either one of Stiemsma/Hollins/Dalembert.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm a little torn between Hayes and Williams, but I think I too would rather sign Williams.

AW play in the summer league play was amazing, with his post moves, soft touch & inside finishing ability, good hands, fantastic rebounding and size it's hard to imagine him not having some type of success at the nba level, he could potentially turn out to be a a great find by the Rockets. But chances are he spends the whole year in D-League and has little effect on the Rockets this year.

At the same time Hayes would be a valuable vet to have on the bench in case of injury, and he would be a great locker room presence who can teach defensive tips to our younger players. But he has basically no potential to be anything more then a 3rd string vet and locker room presence.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Time to sign Bigger Alan Williams and Montrezl Harrell and Chuck Hayes.

Also to add the 4th star needed to win the title.

11. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Just make sure you lock up the draftees and I'd call it a day.

12. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

yes sir, u are so right about AW, He plays like young AL but with better D and Reb. He can be our insurance at the 5, plus he will be very cheap. Chuck is A good guy, Great teamate, plays great D and good passer, but he still can't shoot FT

13. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

The last move he has to make is resign JET. The guy started for us in the playoffs, can step in at any time and is a great leader. The road to a title has peaks and valleys, and Jason Terry is going to be the conductor steering the Double H and L express.

14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Chuck is not the answer for this team. AW would be frosty in D-League and would be a better alternative should we trade or lose TJ again to injury.

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

imo Rox just need a defensive rebounder/big man which Morey can find during the season before the trade deadline and that's about all folks..if the Rox stay healthy this year they're gonna be dangerous with Beverly coming off the bench being a hound dawg

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

17. newAge_Rockets

Whoa there. Alan Williams does not go in front of Capela. Lawd, some of y'all become delusional about players after facing summer league scrubs.

18. Madclownpacasum

Coach? And training staff?

19. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

He's earned it.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

in 2 years we went from turnover Lin, no defense Parsons, butterfingers Asik to Lawson, Ariza, and Howard. Plus the bench got way better. How the hell does Morey do it?