1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Jordan Want Harkless Too?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by RealContender, Jun 20, 2012.

1. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

I'm just thinking...

He hired Harkless's college coach. Maybe he did that, in part, because he figures Dunlap is already comfortable coaching Harkless and knows how to get the most out of him.

IF this is the case...Morey should call Charlotte and start with this:

HOU gets

#31 Overall (Jared Cunningham)
    Gerald Henderson
    2013 1st Round Pick (Top 5 Protected)

CHA gets

#16 Overall (Moe Harkless)
    Kyle Lowry

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

r****ded trade. And CHA cannot trade their 2013 pick.

3. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

if they would give us Augustin as well, that would not be a bad trade

4. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

Okay...then a 2014 1st.

Why are you SUCH a hater? You bash EVERYONE who has a different opinion than you.

Get over yourself.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

5 star thread. Would read again.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

The rights to that belong to Chicago until 2016.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He wasn't bashing you. He was just saying your hypothetical trade is r****ded... which it is.

8. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

How so?

I love how most of you say 'that's r****ded' or something of the sort...but never give a reason you feel that way.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

screw Jordan. Houston needs Harkless!

10. JayZ750

You put no research into what picks in the future Charlotte can trade. As that is a key component of this trade, you should have put some thought into it.

I can list more reasons why it doesn't make sense, but when your premise isn't even possible, it's r****ded. Don't be offended, just say my bad.

11. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

You're right, I didn't check the status of that CHA pick. My bad.

As for the players involved, I think the first pick in the 2nd Round and Gerald Henderson are great assets to get in return.

Do you not think this is enough compensation for Lowry and #16? As an earlier poster mentioned...maybe Augustin too. But isn't he a FA?

12. JayZ750

I view the proposal as:

1. Lowry for some unknown future draft pick, hopefully lottery, but in no way better than #5. That's a win for Charlotte. Many on here are hoping Lowry can get you the #5 or #6 in this year's draft. Might not be reasonable, but seems fair.

2. #16 and #31 for Henderson. This is at best an even trade. Henderson is ok. He needs to improve his 3 point shot a lot. Obviously if your initial thought is true and the Bobcats want Harkless, then they are happy with the move. The Rockets could probably acquire an early second round in other ways. It's a nice add-in, but not much. Especially considering the Rockets could just resign Courtney Lee, who isn't quite the same all around offensive player but is a better defender. And they'd get to keep the #16 pick.

So, you suggested a trade that isn't possible. Even if it was possible, in both cases they are moves the Rockets don't need to make or can get better value for.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What makes you think Gerald Henderson is worth trading Lowry and a downgrade in draft pick for? Can you describe his talents?

14. senter

senter Member

I'm sure you've been told before, but can you please submit all these to this thread? We don't need a new thread for every single idea.

15. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

I like the 46% he put up this year from the field. I also really like how he's able to create his own shot. Defensively, he could improve a bit...but I'm sure playing in Charlotte kind of kills the competitive spirit a bit. :) But still, he's a willing defender who can hold his own. Hey, most nights, he was forced to guard the opponent's best player. Room for improvement? Sure. But it's not like he's not a big defensive improvement over K Mart.

On the downside, he only shot 23% from 3 this past season. Not much range on his jumpshot.

I find that to be kind of a push, though. He gets to the rim and knows how to finish.

Maybe my valuation on the trade could be a bit better, but I really like Henderson and think coming to a winner will only boost his already legit game.