1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dikembe Mutombo:Yao Ming should inducted into the Hall of fame

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Sep 9, 2015.

1. thevirus

thevirus Member

‏@MarkBermanFox26
    .@officialmutombo goes in HOF on FrIday.Enjoyed years w/Rockets:"I decided 2voluntarily take a back seat 2play w/ a great man like Yao Ming"

@MarkBermanFox26
    .@officialmutombo into HOF Fri. Fav #Rockets memory:"Being able to win 22 straight at the age of 43 when everybody said your tank was empty"

@MarkBermanFox26
    .@officialmutombo n HOF Fri says @YaoMing belongs too:"What he was able 2deliver, not just being a super giant but he was a giant 2the game"

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
    .@officialmutombo n HOF Fri says @YaoMing belongs too:"He changed a generation of millions &millions young men&young women all over SE Asia"

link:https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26

what do you think about it?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He will be one day

3. thevirus

thevirus Member

I hope so. :)

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Yao is a shoe in the HOF in my opinion. Easy decision.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He'll get in.

I guarantee it.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Completely agree.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I thought he was already in? Of course he will get in based upon his body of work internationally, in China and for the Rockets.

DD

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

2 big obstacles for Yao's induction possibility; short career due to injuries and lack of rings.

9. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

Do basketball Hall of Fame players only get elected based on their NBA career?

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Absolutely fkn yes.

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

No not at all. It's a body of work. Yao's bridging the gap between China and the NBA is more than enough.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

‏@MarkBermanFox26
    .@officialmutombo goes in HOF on FrIday.Enjoyed years w/Rockets:"I decided 2voluntarily take a back seat 2play w/ a great man like Yao Ming"

lol - As much as I love him, Mutombo was good for 10 minutes a night and was not a starting center at this point. Funny comment.

13. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Dude he could still beast it at that point for about 25 minutes. He was a big reason for our 22 game win streak.

14. SeabrookMiglla

he played exceptionally well in the last season of his career! during that win streak he got to wag his finger a few times, like who is this old guy shot blocking?

as far as yao, i think he is a legitimate candidate to go in the HOF. despite not having rings and injuries, he was still elite and a dominate player. his injuries had to do with him playing so frequently. traveling and playing in china during the NBA off season. too much basketball for his size, he didnt have the option of 'taking it easy' you could say.

his contributions to basketball off the court, and introducing the sport to the asian market which has changed the course for professional basketball. he really is a basketball icon. in this sense, there are few players in the NBA who have made contributions as such.

15. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Yao will have no problems getting into the HOF. Not a question of if, but when.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yes, yes - but "taking a back seat"? I don't think so. I wonder if that's just his sense of humor talking or if he truly thought he should start somewhere.

Glad to have him nonetheless.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That's what us fans are hoping for, but his short career and lack of postseason success really hurts his case.

18. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I still think he was better than half of the centers then for his 25 minutes so he could start. With Yao playing almost 32ish minutes he did have to take a backseat to play less minutes behind such a great center.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

20. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

I don't believe he was 43 lol.