1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deus Ex 3 Gameplay Trailer + Info

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Nov 18, 2010.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I'm starting to think that maybe...just maybe...this might good:
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PgXHCVQGl5s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PgXHCVQGl5s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Some info (via Q&A):
    Taken from NeoGAF from "truth-lasers" (think this was part of the PR sent with the trailer)

1 person likes this.
  2. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

When is the planned release year?

3. RC Cola

4. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Can't wait for this game, the original Deux Ex is probably my favorite game of all time.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Deus Ex: Human Revolution [360/PS3/PC]

Anybody getting this tomorrow?

6. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Got it pre-ordered and downloaded on Steam. It should unlock at about 2AM.

7. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Getting my Augmented Edition first thing in the morning since Gamestop for some reason decided against a midnight opening. So far nothing below an 80/100 on Metacritic.

8. lean

lean Member

I've beening waiting for this for years, but I have to wait longer cuz I'm too po

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I have played about 1 hour or so on my PC and all I can say is....

WOW!

The soundtrack is amazing (lossless soundtrack).

The graphics is top notch (not technically but the world looks great).

The setting is beautiful.

I am really enjoying the gameplay so far.

What a game!

#9 Zboy, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Anyone else play this? What platform? I'm considering it.

11. ClutchCityReturns

I bought it for PS3.

It probably has one of the harder learning curves of any game I've played in a while. It took a good 4 or 5 hours before the controls became intuitive for me - though part of that might be the fact that I've been playing so much Dead Space 2 lately, which is quite different.

As for the game itself, I've been impressed. It takes a while to settle in to your own unique play style and to familiarize yourself with the mechanics of everything, but once you do the game flows very well and becomes harder and harder to put down.

Recommended for sure.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I really liked the original. I don't really play games any more even though I own a PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. I have plenty of games I don't play. I just lost interest (getting too old I guess). But, this one has me tempted to get back in. If there is any game I would want to play at this point, then this is the one. I won't even bother with Halo any more...and that used to be the game everyone waited for anxiously to play when it was coming out.

13. RC Cola

Bought it over the weekend, but didn't have time to play it (probably won't for a little while). Soundtrack was nice though.

Impressions do sound pretty positive, which helped push me over the edge (along with Amazon's $35/$42 deal for the PC version, which will activate it on Steam). Sounds like it isn't the most optimized game (on probably any of the platforms), but I almost expected that for this kind of game. Since I probably won't play it right away, hopefully all that stuff gets patched up. Outside of that, most everything I read about it sounded positive. Probably the thing that excited me most is when someone asked how the game plays, the answer was "like Deus Ex 1."

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I have all three platforms but chose the PC. PC controls are very smooth. No problems at all.

I dont want this game to end. :( Its that good.

15. ClutchCityReturns

Just finished.

Solid game throughout, but not flawless. I was a little disappointed in the augment upgrade system, because about 3/4 of the way through the game you basically have all the augments that anyone could really need or want. So the whole idea of building your character to be either stealth-centric or combat-centric is a little hollow.

Overall, it doesn't really break any new ground, but it's very well-made and a multitude of combat strategies keeps things fresh. The controls, which clearly lend themselves more to PC, take a while to get used to but don't break the game.

I'll give it 84%.

16. RC Cola

Played a few hours of it last night. Enjoying it so far. Not sure if it is as good as DX1 (or close), but it does seem like a quality game (i.e., "worthy" of having the name, unlike DX2).

I think I am on the "no more horrible Bink videos" bandwagon. Thought some of the complaints were exaggeration, but no, those scenes are terrible. I guess I could somewhat see doing that on consoles (actually, not really), but really no point in the PC having that issue.

Also, just because the original had horrible voice acting doesn't mean every Deus Ex game needs it.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Rented this last week. Although it was very cool, I wasn't aware that it was a FPS, which I can't stand. Too bad there isn't a third-person toggle like some FPS games.

18. RC Cola

Wouldn't be surprised if a mod came out that enabled it throughout the game. Already goes to 3rd-person for cover and other parts of the gameplay. Though not sure how high of a priority that would be for modders (guessing they'd care more about making it more like DX1 or something).

Speaking of which, are there any mods/unofficial patches that I should worry about? Haven't followed the game's release as closely as I should have, so not aware of things like that. Seems to play OK, but if there are any improvements out there...

I just found out that the game "punishes" you for taking your time at the beginning of the game. Guess I should have taken the hint, but figured it was like every other game and there wasn't really any need to hurry. Not sure whether I like or hate that design approach. Probably good, just wish I wasn't used to games never punishing players for that.

Thought this was funny:
    <iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QoFe8hRy42o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. PippenAintEZ

PippenAintEZ Member

It looks like this will be on sale at Toys R Us next week for $35 for the 360/PS3 versions. This was never on my radar, but reading up on this game here as me intrigued. At that price, it looks like a perfect excuse to give it a try.

20. ClutchCityReturns

What do you mean?