1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Detroit Examiner] Top 10 (Hou-#6) worst sports uniforms of all time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsmee2000, Jul 27, 2008.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

These belong on the list:

[​IMG]

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Awesome era in baseball with all the all-solid colored uniforms. The all-yellow Pirates, Padres, A's. The all-orange Orioles, all-red Phillies.

[​IMG]

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. kcagbor321

kcagbor321 Member

those astro jerseys were throwed quit hatin

5. abita

abita Member

come on chucky, those vertical stripes make you look slimmer :p

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

6 Houston Rockets, 1995-2003: The uniforms were not inspired by a major motion picture film like those of the Raptors and Ducks, but the Rockets revamped their basic red, yellow and white uniforms with a disgruntled, cartoon rocket orbiting a basketball. Add the fading pinstripes, a horrific font and the mini-number placed in the breast region, and you know why Steve Francis was never the same after wearing this uniform.

Agreed... Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Who made the decision?... You don't change when you've just won 2 championships in a row!!!!!

And you show up in Japan in the preseason with the frickin' uniforms?!?!?!... I wanted to strangle someone at the time... Ladies and gents, look no further than the start of the alleged 'curse'...

You don't abandon our colors (RED/YELLOW/WHITE) to make a stinking extra buck with an ugly jersey. You don't abandon your colors (see Lakers/Boston/Detroitretro/SanAntone), unless you want teams to no fear you anymore.

:mad:

8. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

And that change back to the old bad boy colors meant a return to success over there for that team.

If the Rockets were to put yellow back into their color scheme, I wonder if it's possible we might see the same kind of result as what we saw with the Pistons.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I prefer the blue Phillies.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Star Trek... really? (btw... that discovery took some research.. when i discovered that the borg cube was part of star trek... boo. the level of suck that star trek reached is unfathomable. )

11. Th3 Drunk Goat

I dont care what anybody says, those old astros uniforms are the freaking best throwback uniforms that any team could wear (even better than throwback eagles unis). Now to use as a current day to day uniform no. Those unis are a nutshell for what 70s and early 80s style was.

12. Th3 Drunk Goat

This is another why i like the rockets current uniform. I might get sick of them in like 5 years but for now i think our uniforms are the most creative, while looking subtle and modern.

13. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The Colorado Caribou.

[​IMG]

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

LMFAO!! Really??