1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Darren Collison could be a great/cheap pickup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wiseguyX, Jun 7, 2015.

?

Is Darren Collison good enough

1. yeah

74 vote(s)
    59.2%
  2. nah

21 vote(s)
    16.8%
  3. i like cheeeeese

30 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

If Sacramento is looking for an upgrade at PG, then look for the Rockets to snag DC for cheap. Good playmaker, scorer/shooter, and average defender.

• He had his best season so far last year before getting injured. Averaged 16 pts and 6 ast while shooting 37% from 3.

• He is making around 5 mil for the next two seasons. We could offer Beverley around the same money and have a solid PG rotation for about 11mil.

• The biggest thing in my opinion is when he backed up Chris Paul in LA and played alongside him a lot. So he shouldn't have a problem playing with The Beard.

• In my opinion a bigger name like Lawson, Lowry, Dragic absolutely will have problems playing with James no matter what; maybe not right away but as time goes by and their touches keep decreasing. Plus do you really want Harden to have a lot less touches :confused: I don't.

I've read somewhere that George Karl (in Sacramento) wants Ty Lawson.
    And it recently came out that Sacramento is also in rumors involving Rondo and Mudiay.
    Since Sacramento is searching for an upgrade, I feel he can be gotten for cheap and could be a lot more useful to us.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: Sacramento Kings ‘a darkhorse location’ for Rajon Rondo in free agency <a href="http://t.co/2aeOrFAno4">http://t.co/2aeOrFAno4</a></p>&mdash; Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/607540546471526400">June 7, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. bmd

bmd Member

I hope so. I've been talking about him since the season ended.

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Yeah, him and lull would have fun throwing lobs to Dwight and Capela. We would probaly have to give Jones. But can we get Casspi back? He was playing amazing at the beginning last season. But he just seemed like he got tired legs as the season wore down. But one can argue that he shoots better than everyone on this team not named Harden or Terry.

4. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Wouldn't mind in a backup role. Could provide a needed spark off the bench

5. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

I do like cheese... but in moderation.

6. micah1j

micah1j Member

Why would Sacramento give up a good player on a cheap contract? Even if they are looking to upgrade their plan might be to move him to the back up spot.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I've been advocating this a lot actually. If Sacramento wants Lawson we can step in and send 6.5mill of expiring NG contracts of k.pap and prigs. Can also help by giving out picks.

My idea of a successful trade would be something like this.

Houston out: kpap/prigs/Dorsey/nop1st
    Houston in: Collison/foye

Denver out: Lawson/foye
    Denver in: mclemore/kpap/prigs/future sac1st/nop1st

Sacramento out: Collison/mclemore/future 1st
    Sacramento in: Lawson/dorsey

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Cant make up my mind ..... yeah , naw , i like cheese .... tough poll choices.

9. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

yeah i like him if we strike out on other point guards.

mentioned in another thread:

jones/pap/possible future pick for collison and stauskas.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Pretty much my thoughts too.

I'd be ok with him if we struck out on Llull and couldn't swing a deal for one of Lowry , Conley , Rubio or Lawson (hell I might prefer him to Lawson).

Assuming you bring back PatBev you'd have a solid pair of point guards with he and Collison.

11. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

Would love to see DC signed. He can create and score. Super quick and not a bad 3-point shooter. I would imagine his shooting improves under McHale just as Smith and Brewer did.

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Ray McCallum is not bad either.

13. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

uhh no.. just bc a coach gives ultimate green light and they make more bc they take more doesn't make that a good coaching decision

14. Chamillionaire

back up yes. starting no.

Rather have Llull and a healthy Bev. No thanks.

15. seeingred

seeingred Member

Smith's % went up. Brewer is a SF - if he's open he has to take 3s. Can't pump fake and drive EVERY time.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

No one's gonna comment on this tweet?

Why would Sacramento want him? Why would Rondo want to go to Sacramento?

17. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Because they've wanted for a long time and now they can get him cheaper than they expected.

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Because they are Sacramento. This is what they do.

19. craguin

craguin Member

J.R. covered it in the Dish...

20. Chamillionaire

Sac gets a choice of Porzingis, Winslow, possibly Mudiay, Hejonza, and WCS. Gotta be happy with any of them. They can't screw this this up.