1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CUSA Title Game: Houston vs. Somebody

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DonnyMost, Nov 25, 2011.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Probably going to be televised on ESPN. Southern Miss clinches the East with a win tomorrow (vs Memphis), but Marshall can get in with a win and a USM loss.

General Admission is already sold out, the only tickets left now are season tickets that are being held until tuesday morning, at which point, any unclaimed seats will be released, followed by whatever tickets remain unsold from our opponent's allotment later that week.

2. surrender

surrender Member

Haters status: hating

2 people like this.
  3. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

WE NO BEAT GOOD OPPONENTS!

WE SUCK!

:mad:

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Being a Houston sports fan I'm scared they will look past this and make it more of a game than it should be ha.

5. AFS

AFS Member

As long as they get the W...

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

After crushing SMU and Tulsa, this team has every right to be sky high with confidence. We will grind whoever comes to Robertson on Saturday into dust.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

How can they possibly look past this game? It's one thing if there's a game against a ranked major conference team the week after. But this is the last game. One could say this is UH's most important game, since just entering the BCS is probably more important than winning the game itself.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I have to agree. There is no reason to think the players will look past this game. It's the culmination of their regular season.

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

They've won the games they overlooked this year, anyway. They're peaking at the right time. Southern Miss (or Marshall, lol) is going down harder than the goalposts will.

10. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

These poor teams have to be like...."Dude, Houston is going to kick our ass.....****."

Alabama vs Houston would be fun. Who knows....

11. AFS

AFS Member

It's sorta like Coach Sumlin has kept saying in all the interviews: they set a goal at the beginning of the season to win the conference championship. Right now, they don't care about anything else past that. They only have their eyes on this game.

12. Mattj

Mattj Member

Sumlin, Case, and company have eradicated the term "Coog it" from my vernacular. I've never been so confident about this team. I thought UH would beat Tulsa by 10, but I clearly underestimated how good the UH D is playing. At Robertson in the most anticpated game of my lifetime, this will be a coronation. Vegas would have to set the line at at least 28 (vs So Miss) or 42 (vs Marshall) to even get me to consider the other side.

2 people like this.
  13. solid

solid Contributing Member

It will likely be closer than anyone thinks, especially if they play Southern Mississippi.

14. Mattj

Mattj Member

Why? What games are you watching? So Miss lost to UAB last week...UAB!?!?!

Actually, it is more likely that the game is an ass kicking. Tulsa is a much better team than So Miss, and this game is at home where the Cougars are invincible.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Maybe superstition, I don't want to take anybody for granted.

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Agreed. Looking past teams and expecting wins is what led the team to lose to UTEP a few seasons ago after beating OSU and Tech. Can't take anyone for granted. And I like the fact that Sumlin has reiterated that all season, and have taken one game at a time.

12-0 means nothing if you can't finish.

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

This is the CHAMPIONSHIP game at HOME. There is literally no way to take it for granted. There is no game the week after to anticipate. The players, coaches, and fans are going to be thinking of literally nothing but this game until the goalposts come down. I think we can stow all the "don't look past 'em!" talk. Southern Miss (or Marshall, lol) aren't expecting to win and they're not going to be prepared to do what it takes to beat a clearly superior team in front of a crowd screaming for blood. This is a no-doubter. The Coogs win, the fans rush the field, and Houston busts the BCS.

18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Case Keenum hasn't lost a gam at home since Art Briles was the coach at UH. He isn't going to start losing now.

19. DreamRoxCoogFan

I'm selling my yellow lot parking pass if someone is interested in making me a good offer...

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Looks like it's USM after all. Memphis just laid their predictable turd in Hattiesburg.