1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 Back injury?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Rockets play better without Paul.

2. SRR21

SRR21 Member

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

True, I had the same problem 5 years ago.

WestendMassive and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

This dude is straight-up trash, and I feel totally comfortable saying that because I'm pissed off Harden's prime is being wasted because of this **** contract. He's a washed-up, ultra-fragile little dude.

bilaal14 and kevtse like this.
  5. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Not a good defense of Chris Paul, dude. You know that they can easily just say they're resting Chris Paul for one of those games, right? They don't need some elaborate excuse.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

7. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

They don't need an excuse to hold him out. Sounds like you're the one making excuses for Chris Paul.

8. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I wonder if they said this just so that the league won’t question him sitting out on a nationally televised game

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This forum pisses me off. If Paul would not have not been signed for that large contract, who in the blue hell would y'all have given the money too? A bunch of solid role players? Seriously lol. Paul is our best chance against the Warriors. No other superstar is walking through that door. Yeah it was a gamble to give a guy with gimpy hamstrings that kind of deal, but whatever, he is our best chance.

cbs1507 and Zergling like this.
  10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

A lot of them don't remember the dark days when we tried to talk ourselves into the possibility of Juaquin Hawkins being a decent player or watching Keith Bogans in a Rockets uniform. The last time we finished with a record below .500 most of these complainers most likely were putting on their cap and gown for 5th grade graduation

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Leading the division and an historic performance from Harden and this season is the worst?

Deckard, Smacktle and topfive like this.
  12. Texanstradamus

3 more years ! In morey we trust to trade away the young talent for an aging injury prone player for a season of success

13. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Was always a risk. Morey and Co are betting we’ll be locked and loaded in decent position in the playoffs. I’m still excited to see what we can do.

bilaal14, topfive and Zergling like this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He knew CP3 had injury issues before giving him a huge raise. Maybe he got a State Farm discount to insure his investment.

bilaal14 likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

addressed already. next. its like some of you just hope, cp3 pops up with whatever on the IL so you can be the first to whine and complain. @ me when it says out for both games. otherwise dont waste anymore of my time with people b****ing about nothing

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Normally acquiring an all-time great superstar PG like Chris Paul would be a no-brainer. Instead, Morey called it "increasing our risk profile". There's a reason he phrased it that way. We just have to hope he's healthy when it matters.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

All of those massive contracts are insured.

bilaal14 and amaru like this.
  18. LUK3

LUK3 Member

I’ve never read a more beautiful piece of writing in my life

19. amaru

amaru Member

1) He’s a 33 year old player who is returning from a hamstring injury.
    2) He’s signed to a max deal for another 3 seasons
    3) He’s been in the NBA since 2003.
    4) If Paul can’t go in the playoffs, the Rockets have ZERO chance of contending
    5) Resting players is part of the reason the Spurs were so dominant for so long.
    6) Thanks to the Anderson signing, our cap is screwed. So this is what we got.

cbs1507 and topfive like this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

Yes, because of his advanced age ( in basketball years). I still like the move....we were so close. Had we had a decent back up PG last year, who knows...