1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

Mills got tight under pressure and he’s our best shooter/scorer. Doesn’t bode well. He took a lot bad shots. Though he was not alone today.

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This. Period. Cincy way better towards the end, but you can’t overcome that free throw difference. Home court advantage won the game.

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Tough loss

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Two-point loss to a team that shot 21 more free throws. Hard to win when one team is allowed to play physical and the other isn't.

#2344 dc rock, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course their wasn't. refs deserved to be fired

6. PhiSlammaJamma

The thing about the bite was that it’s hard to believe three refs would review the evidence and get it wrong. In real time it looked like his face just whacked the leg. But that first slow mo it did look like he had gripped the skin and was eating it. The last slo mo looked accidental. But again, it’s hard to believe three competent men could come to that conclusion without it having actually happened.

As far as Houston fouling, this has now happened twice with two different crews, so at some point we probably have too look at ourselves. Did I like it no, but nothing during game made me shake my head in disgust. Even the elbow looked real at game speed.

this loss started early second half when they stopped moving the ball and settling for driving off the dribble. The first half all ball movement. The 2nd a lot of isolation dribble drive. For me, they deserved the loss. We can only hope they learn how to avoid the major scoring droughts that have plagued us he last three seasons and ncaas. It’s a pattern now. Someone has to fix it.

#2346 PhiSlammaJamma, Feb 2, 2020
    Pat likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Yes 3 refs got it wrong. Stop with the bs trying to justify it. Kelvin literally said he went over the vid 3 times and had his staff look at it. Conclusion. “There was no bite”. Competent men. Ok

Btw the AAC is reviewing the actual incident/ejection :rolleyes:

#2347 YOLO, Feb 2, 2020
  8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’m not the type to blame the refs, Cincy won the game and I have no problem with that, but as physical as it was from start to finish there’s just no justifying that free throw discrepancy. I mean, one guy for Cincinnati took more free throws than the entire Houston team. Come on...

#2348 Hank McDowell, Feb 2, 2020
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

A review is bad for us. We gain nothing, and could lose Dejon for the season. I prefer they not review it. Sampson has to say that to protect him from a suspension and ruining our season.

#2349 PhiSlammaJamma, Feb 2, 2020
  10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The bite looks bad. There are two videos. The one everyone assumed was the bite, the one ESPN kept replaying, actually wasn’t the bad one. That’s the replay I assume Sampson was looking at, and he’s right, it wasn’t a bite. But...the other video looks much worse. I think Jarreau is going to be suspended.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

There’s nothing bad about it

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

There was definitely a bite. The video they have on ESPN is wrong and mislabeled. Dejon’s mouth actually came into contact with two different players during that scrum. The video on ESPN shows his mouth touching the leg of Keith Williams(#2), this is NOT the bite. The bite actually happens about a second later when Mamoudou Diarra(#20) enters the scrum and Dejon then bites down on his inner thigh area. You can see the bite and then Diarra reacts with a horrified look on his face. I found the video on an Instagram account, ESPN is only showing the video where Dejon’s mouth comes in contact with Williams, and there was no bite at that time. So, ESPN has it wrong, and the announcers at the game got it wrong. I can’t figure out how to post this video from instagram.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Yep. That’s exactly right.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

I didn’t see the other vid. That’s why I was like wtf.

15. Buck Turgidson

Sampson said the same thing today, he's already suspended the kid for at least the next game and apologized to the Cincy coach.

YOLO likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

Think getting ahead of it will limit the suspension to 5 games or less. But I have literally no idea. And I’m not sure the AAC does either. That said they don’t need the bad press for the conference so I think he’ll get 2 games and nobody will even think to make it news or blink. Keep in mind Duke went the route of indefinite suspension just for kicking, but they have a much higher profile. It was a smarter move than what we did as far as how to control the situation ( 1 game lol ), but we should be ok by getting out front.

#2356 PhiSlammaJamma, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

18. PhiSlammaJamma

That is good news. Makes good sense for everyone.

19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I think he got off light. Coogs caught a break. Maybe a make up call for the way the rest of that game was officiated!

20. PhiSlammaJamma

It didn’t start out pretty, but it was pretty by the end of it. Solid win against a sorry Tulane team. Wave goodbye. And we movin on.

And the tie stayed on. WTF!

#2360 PhiSlammaJamma, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    seemoreroyals likes this.