1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cops gonna Cop] Cop shoots caretaker of autistic man playing in the street with toy truck

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jul 20, 2016.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yep, cops are professional liars. If it weren't for the video this would be the same ole police okie doke, the man was reaching for a gun... err... cell phone.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

Again we need to wait for the facts to come in before passing judgment unlike our idiot president.

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

What facts could make this better? Did any other cop fire his gun? This is one cop making a dumb move surrounded by many others who did not overreact. That's the best case scenario. That's what the police department is admitting to: a cop making the wrong judgment, and then being a terrible shot. If their statement is corroborated by the rest of the evidence, then the best case for that cop is being fired.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

What makes you think it is one officer? The officer who shot the man is suspended with pay and his commander is suspended without pay. Perhaps one officer was ordered or given the discretion to shoot the suspect.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I've never heard of that before and find it unlikely, but will give it a chance to be true. So I'll wait. I'd be surprised though, if all the others were telling this guy to shoot...it has all the appearances of one cop messing up, and also being a bad shot. The statements by the police seem to corroborate that. But I'm willing to accept the possibility that others ordered him to shoot or that he was the only one who could make that decision even though others had their guns out too. Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're wrong, but I can wait.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree there is a siege mentality with LE now and it's being exacerbated by politicians who are eager to push law and order.

Understandably LE have a very difficult job and deserve respect but the Thin Blue Line mentality makes it difficult to hold them accountable in many situations.

7. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

"He didn't have his feet in the air"

-Fox News

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That's the problem
    there probably won't be any
    2~3 weeks vacation
    then maybe on the desk a week
    then business as usual

Rocket River

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Police Procedure is basically
    CLAM UP
    Put up the BLUE SHIELD
    Get with your REP/Lawyer
    Then Get all the evidence you can
    Then release a statement that fits that evidence as best you can

MEANWHILE
    They want to b***h about criminals who do the same thing

LESSON LEARNED: NEVER COOPERATE AND SAY ANYTHING TO THE COPS UNTIL YOU HAVE A LAWYER AND THAT LAWYER CAN SHOW YOU WHAT THEY HAVE AGAINST YOU.

Rocket River

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Strong post tone:'good Christian signature' ratio. Lol. And it's even more hilarious if you believe you are close to Obama's intelligence level.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/0qJu1"><a href="//imgur.com/0qJu1"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/miami-police-union-president-cop-000000956.html
    Miami police union president: Cop fired weapon to protect unarmed black man, but missed...

Ok assuming this is true, then maybe its just a case of incompetence and it requires the cops somehow being too far to hear the man telling them its a toy truck, but somehow close enough to expect the suspect to be able to hear their orders of "stop moving, hands in the air, lie down."

Also perhaps most contradictory to this "explanation" is... if they were simply trying to save and protect the innocent black guy by shooting the other guy, why then did they handcuff him and leave him lying bleeding on the street after shooting him?

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree the explanation offered makes no sense with the actions following the shooting. This sounds more like a desperate rationalization of the LEO's actions.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This article said what I wanted to. The treatment of both innocent persons are horrible and completely unnecessary, especially after the fact. Detained the autistic man for nearly 4 hrs. Completely unacceptable behavior.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ing-charles-kinsey-traumatized-family-n615511

14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Like I said, too many incompetent cops in this country.