1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cops Gonna Cop] Austin police body-slam black teacher, officer tell her blacks have 'violent tenden

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jul 22, 2016.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You definitely have law enforcement potential.

#81 CometsWin, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  2. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I'd be interested in the studies you've done to confirm the above statement.

Like I'd be very interested in how that correlation looks when controlling for poverty.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Funny, you say that like it's a bad thing. Of course given that you have domestic terrorist potential maybe that's why you'd think so.

4. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

National Crime Victimization Survey from 2013 shows that 56% of violent offenses against whites are from whites. 13.7% from blacks.

So, really whites should be 4x more scared of interactions with other whites.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

What does crime stats have to do with how this woman was handled by this cop?

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Right - we do have example of what works. All of these attention will eventually bring PD to improve and be better. I'm pretty confident of that.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They don't have anything to do with it. The only thing that has anything to do with it is that she was being an ass and disobeying lawful orders given during a stop, she then refused to exit her vehicle and resisted the officer when he tried to forcibly remove her. That's really the only thing that matters here, well that, and the fact that he was a bit overly rough with her. This isn't a race problem, this is an overly entitled b****y millennial problem.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

As they should not. But it was brought up by others so I asked them and would like to understand their opinion.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I've never shot anyone . .. nor do I intend too.

I am tired of people acting like they are so different from the common folx of Nazi Germany. These people were not 'evil' as much as apathetic and unfeeling/unsympathetic toward anyone NOT LIKE THEM.

The cloak themselves with platitudes and 'law and order' stances.
    Do I think the 'Typical White Conservative" wants to round up all black people and exterminate them? No.
    Do you think the Typical German wanted to Round up all the Jews and exterminate them? I don't. I think alot of them went along to get along
    Alot of them just Went with the crowd.

You do know that Trump was talking about ROUNDING UP MUSLIMS, Right?
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/trump-would-certainly-implement-muslim-database
    Alot of 'Typical White Conservatives' and some others are not averse to the idea.

Do you think every one in a LYNCH MOB wanted to lynch black people?
    Many just didn't give a sh** one way or the other. It was a fricking social outing.

The Typical White Conservative things of themselves as everyone's friends. . .
    but they almost never speak up for anyone other than 'Law and Order' types

[​IMG]

Not so much and extremist but maybe a bit paranoid based on examination of the history of man kind domestic and abroad.

Many people would like to think . . . if they saw a black man being lynched in 1940s America . . .. or a Jewish man in 1930s Germany being 'rounded up' to be killed. . . . that they themselves would have stood in the breach and spoke up and put their lives and family in harms way to stand up for what is right . . . .. . but the reality is they would not.

When I see people EXCUSE and JUSTIFY the death of a 12 Year old with a toy gun that is shot within 3 second of the cops coming on the scene . . . . .. I KNOW IT IS NOT TRUE. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT WENT ALONG TO GET ALONG. THESE ARE THE VERY PEOPLE THAT WOULD EVENTUALLY PUT ON THE ARMBAND once it became the vogue thing to do. . . . . .

Am I an extremist. . . . maybe . . ..
    Racists ?. . . .no . .. Bias? . .. probably

I simply have NO ILLUSIONS of the capacity of people to simply GO WITH THE FLOW on a river rushing to hell.

Rocket River

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

^^

RR, can I give you some unsolicited advice? Stop letting the media get you so wound up and angry. You do realize what is happening, right? The media is intentionally dividing America and stirring them up. They are showing you tiny sample sizes of incidents, and only partial information on those incidents. Look at the Mike Brown deal - the media harped on lies told by "first hand witnesses" that weren't even true. "Hands up don't shoot" was based on a lie. The fact that the media reported this VERY EARLY in the reporting on the incident created "first impression bias", and people actually believed it. It was a lie. The media is fishing for viewers, and enraging them works well to that end.

You're seeing less than 0.1% of police interactions, and it's causing you to be a frustrated, angry person who is consumed in a racial pity party. It has led others to violence and even to murder others (Michah X, the Baton Rouge killer, etc.).

White people aren't "out to get you". In fact, most people, no matter their race, focus 99.9% of their energies on themselves and their personal situation, just "pushing the peanut forward".

If I were you I'd stop watching so much of these media sources, because their purpose is to enrage you, and in many cases, using lies and half-truths to do so.

2 people like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Seeing as that almost any swinging dick in this country can be one as long as they haven't smoked week more than 15 separate occasions in their lives(depends on the department), it's not really a compliment.

Not smoking weed is a more important qualification to become a law enforcement officer in this country than academic merit and intelligence.

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I have several friends who are cops; I've seen enough of the videos. The ugly, often deadly, encounters begin friendly enough. In fact, that is a useful deception. There is absolutely NO WAY for an officer to know what is about to happen, but someone who is ignoring instructions and acting out their own agenda would be to them, to me and to you HIGHLY suspicious and therefore is a situation that must be brought under control.

The fact that this kind of mayhem is provoked by proportionally more black people is just a fact, so when she starts down that wrong trail, the wheels are more likely to come off.

It's not a cop's responsibility or job to serve him or herself up as a sacrifice.

Aren't you guys the ones who are also always complaining about the number of guns on the street? Who knows that better than a cop on the street?

1 person likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I judge cops more on my own interactions
    and those of families and friends.

I generally do the same with people in general

Rocket River

14. CometsWin

Yeah, it's a pretty bad thing. You're a sociopath with little regard for life who takes pleasure in people being beat down to be taught a lesson. First it was the black girl in the classroom tossed across a room by a cop, then it was a black girl tackled down in her bikini by a cop, and now it's some 110 pound black lady on her lunch break that dared ask the cop to hurry up. Not that you're aware given your mental state, but that's kind of f'ed up. The police motto isn't kick ass and take names, it's to protect and serve. You're more Brownshirt material.

Funny you mention it, you are ALSO serious domestic terrorist potential. Did you make your psychiatry appointment yet? LMK

15. CometsWin

RR, don't believe your lying eyes. The cops don't set out their day to hassle black people, they just accidentally spend their day, every day, hassling black people. If you just ignore the fact you're being targeted because of your race and put up with it, everything will be just fine.

Black GOP Senator Talks About Being Pulled Over By Police 7 Times In One Year

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

There are about 6 times as many white people as black in America, so if everyone is committing crimes against whites equally, then whites should be responsible for 6 times as many violent offenses against whites as blacks are. 6x13.7=82.2. That doesn't even account for the fact that there is some level of voluntary segregation of communities (ie there are black neighborhoods and white neighborhoods) which should make same race victimization even more common. So your numbers show that on a per capita basis, not only are black people more violent generally, they are specifically more violent to white people than other white people are.

17. CometsWin

Voluntary segregation, ie that's where your families have been redlined and reverse redlined for a hundred years perpetuating a huge disparity in wealth along racial lines. Of course if you work hard and pull up your boot straps you too can be a millionaire. Vote Republican!

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The police chief completely disagree with the action of the cop for this case. I'm sure the chief understand well the danger that cop faces everyday.

I do understand cop being careful and cautious. And they may well be more careful and cautious around black. I see nothing wrong with that.

My problem is the view that black is more likely to commit crimes justify cops bad behaviors. Bringing up crime statistic imply that it does. I don't think you are saying that?

(yes, guns everywhere make it hard on cops - i don't think anyone dispute that)

19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yes, 'voluntary segregation' is laughable. Voluntary by white people, maybe.

20. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Meh on the APD chief's comments; since the statute of limitations has run out he can say whatever he feels he needs to to placate the public.

I don't get why everyone puts the onus on the cop modify their behavior. When you get stopped, do what you are asked to do and don't raise the level of anxiety of the situation for the officer... who has probably had friends wounded or killed in just such an "innocent" scenario.

To me the most unnecessary thing he did was at the end when he was raising her handcuffed arms to aggravate her, it seemed. That was somewhat vengeful.