1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Computer Renaissance-Austin doesn't honor nationwide warranty

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by payaso, Dec 10, 2002.

1. payaso

payaso Member

For those of you in the Austin-Central Texas area, think twice before taking your business to Computer Renaissance in Round Rock.
    Randy (owner) will not honor the warranty established by other Computer Renaissance stores; while he enjoys the benefit of running his business under the CR franchise name, it appears he doesn't feel bound to the responsibilites of ethical business conduct where franchise warranty recognition is concerned.
    On their receipts, websites and fliers, it is stated 'nationwide warranty'. That would imply an nationwide policy, right? Not according to Randy. If, for example, the Dallas store offers 90 days on used/refurbished parts, Randy offers only 30. If you confront him on it, he gives some lame excuse on how he and the other franchisees should have agreed on a 30 day warranty, and that he's not making money in the used parts business anyway and won't be selling them for long, as it is. He is clearly not interested in what is good for his customers, only what is good for his business.
    If you want to be treated ethically I would suggest you shop elsewhere.

Feel free to forward this message to your other friends and cohorts in the area.

#1 payaso, Dec 10, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2002
  2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

report them to the Better Business Bureau and call their corporate office

what a loser

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Round Rock blows!

4. payaso

payaso Member

it's a shame, y'know... the store owner in Dallas couldn't understand the guy's trip, and why he wouldn't support another store's warranty... the ops manager at the corporate office wasn't a lot of help- I guess she was hesitant to impinge on a franchisee's prerogatives. FWIW, the Dallas guy said I could save myself a lot of trouble and just send it back to him (where it was purchased) but then I absorb shipping and that's not cool, especially where a warranty part is concerned.
    I guess that, even in a down economy, some weasels can still be found.

5. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

down or up economy, you will always find weasels...

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

My guess is that the Austin store isn't doing well. CR has had many locations go down the tubes over the last few years. Sounds like the Austin store could be next.