1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] Week 6

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Oct 7, 2015.

1. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

So many upsets this year

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Kansas State choking as hard as they can. TCU's got this in the bag.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good Lord Kansas State choked this one hard.

4. Buck Turgidson

Boykin is just ridiculous.

No idea why TCU totally abandoned the run for much of the game.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So much for Bill Snyder trusting his defense.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

And the choke is complete

Gotta think Baylor is the favorite to win the Big 12 at this point. They look the best by far.

7. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Boykin reminds me of Johnny Manziel

if tcu had last years d, they would be the favorites, but i think baylor beats them again

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

And the Rutgers QB spikes the ball on 4th down.

Michigan State is such a fraud this year.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Phew. I had a really good feeling TCU would come back, but man that was nice.

Boykin is unreal.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

They look good playing a weak schedule like they always do.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Eh, it's not like Baylor is playing a vastly inferior schedule to TCU. Both are weak. Baylor's margin of victory is impressive nonetheless.

However...TCU seems to know how to pull out close games. Baylor's the better team, but TCU getting them at home might just be the difference.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not over yet but it doesn't appear Jared Goff will be Matty Ice vs. VaTech tonight.

5 INTs is crazy.

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Baylor should be ranked ahead at this point.

14. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Jared Goff, you are no Aaron Rodgers.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Effective immediately; interim coach to be named Tuesday.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier is retiring per source.</p>&mdash; Thayer Evans (@ThayerEvansSI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ThayerEvansSI/status/653736882254143488">October 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#36 J.R., Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Spurrier says he is "resigning, not retiring. I'll doubt if I'll ever be a head coach again, but I might coach in high school or something."

Spurrier: "Somehow or another, we've slipped. It's my fault. I'm the head coach. It's time for me to get out of the way."

Spurrier said if players know you're not going to be their coach after such-and-such time, there isn't as much accountability

Spurrier: "I think the team needs to hear a new message and new voice from a new coach."

"Yesterday I was a recruiting liability. It's hard to recruit when you're a coach of a certain age" - Spurrier

Spurrier: "I was best coach for this job 11 years ago but I'm not today. That's the cycle of coaching"

Spurrier: "I'll just be the Former Head Ball Coach now. This is the best thing for South Carolina FB to start another building process."

When SC fell to 2-2, Spurrier called AD Ray Tanner and told him he "sensed this was it for me."

"When something is inevitable I believe you do it right then. Don't wait a week, don't wait two weeks." - Spurrier

Spurrier: "Our team wasn't quite as good as I thought we were going to be."

Spurrier said he wanted to give interim coach chance to coach in home game. "When something is inevitable, let's do it."

Spurrier said biggest(favorite) achievement at South Carolina was 18-game home winning streak

Spurrier said he'll talk to university president Harris Pastides about serving as special advisor, which was included in recent contract

Spurrier doesn't regret not doing it after last year: "We got re-energized when we won the bowl game."

Spurrier said he didn't expect to go out like this. "I envisioned being carried off on players' shoulder pads in Ga Dome after winning SEC."

Spurrier says he wants no involvement in the search for next head coach.

Spurrier: "Nothing goes on forever. I've gone on a lot longer than most people."

Spurrier clarifies he won't be coaching college football again. "It's a game of recruiting as we all know."

Spurrier: "I don't know if coaching is completely over or not. It is fun being on a team. I doubt I'll be a head coach."

Spurrier: "OK, let's get moving. I've had enough here." [/rquoter]

18. Major

Major Member

Texas needs an offensive coordinator...

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Uh-oh. Auburn player said something of this sort before Fournette ran all over that team. <a href="https://t.co/nBoBcP9LUZ">https://t.co/nBoBcP9LUZ</a></p>&mdash; Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/654054095225905153">October 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>