1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans turns 20 years old today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 8, 2016.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thank you Clutch, and congrats!

I have been around almost from the start, causing a bit of trouble here and there (thanks for still not having booted me), but have also been one of the first international fans on the site.

Have spent countless hours on the site, and I think it's as good a time as any to visit the tip jar again.

2. ballgame

ballgame Member

If Clutch don't want it....I'll take it!! The beer looks good too.;) Happy Birthday!

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch,

It was your destiny to be our leader and purest Rockets fan of them all.
    Thanks.

http://www.clutchfans.net/feature.cfm?FeatureID=32

[​IMG]

4. Raz

Raz Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans">@clutchfans</a> Congrats on 20 years! That said, 9 fan sites have been able to deliver a title since you were founded <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/letsgo?src=hash">#letsgo</a></p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/762782854979870720">8. August 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Daryl is a cool guy :).

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Congratulations and thank you, Clutch. I found the BBS one day while looking for a source of information about the Rockets, and there you were. Can't believe that right off the bat I was lucky enough to find the best source for all things Rockets and so much more. Just wish I'd registered in the Spring of '99, instead of lurking. It would have saved me from Tinman's goofiness.

To think it took years to reach the the 3600 members we had when I registered, and then the Rockets draft Yao and BBS membership explodes. That you've managed to not only keep up with the incredible growth, but have expanded ClutchFans to the point that you have press access, live interviews, podcasts, a Facebook presence, a Twitter presence, and I'm sure I'm forgetting plenty, all the while insuring the BBS has the "power" to handle any level of traffic thrown at it without the site crashing. That's an issue most here have never had to experience, but it used to happen a lot, despite your best efforts, and the efforts of your sterling crew. It all blows my mind. You have a family, kids, your own business, and yet manage to do all that you do.

Amazing is a word that fails to do you justice, Clutch. I'm raising a glass to another 20 years. Cheers!

2 people like this.
  7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Daryl More is the man! Glad he's our GM

8. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Why isn't there a annual clutchfans party !!!!!!???

Can someone answer this

9. dream2franchise

Congrats on twenty years. I can't imagine the hours you've put into this but it's an amazing site and still the best basketball site out there.

Man do I feel old. I was in high school when I found this site!

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

It was because of Clutchfans that I was able to meet up with fellow peeps to watch playoff games in NYC. Couldn't have done it any other way.

Thanks Clutch. I am sure I am a greater Rockets fan because of this site more than their actual play. Wish I had registered when I started lurking; maybe I'll steal my Dad's account for an earlier join date :p

11. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

ive been on this site since at least 99... 17 years... almost since the beginning but not quite. love this site

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Congrats Clutch! Great site we gonna bring home a ship soon!

13. Souprocket

Souprocket Contributing Member

Congratulations Clutch

Clutchcity.com was the beginning of the Internet for me. Like most I check this site on a daily basis and will continue to do so for another 20 years, it's a way of life. You should be very proud of what you've created here.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Happy Birthday!!!!1

Rocket River

15. Christopher

Christopher Member

A HUGE congratulations to Clutch and the team. Been here for the whole 20 years, when I first jumped online I started looking for Rockets sites and found this place. Was a member on the old forum and still consider this to be the "new" forum. :grin:

This is my favourite site and forum on the internet. I check the main site every single day!

I remember nearing the end of Dreams career with the Rockets there was a poll put up asking if he should trade him to another club. I didn't think we should, so I sat in front of my computer and voted no....15,000 times! :grin:

The poll was taken down and fixed up and I confessed to my sins a few years later and was thankfully forgiven! :grin:

When ever there is big Rockets news, or even big NBA news, this is the first place I go to to see what is really happening. In the early days this site kept this Aussie up to date with all the Rockets news, and 20 years on, it is still the number one place for Rockets fans to go.

So congratulations guy, you deserve all of the accolades you receive for this incredible milestone. I look forward to the next 20 years! :cool:

1 person likes this.
  16. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Thanks ClutchFans! This is our year!

17. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Couldn't have said it better, first place to go for REAL Rockets news!

18. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks Clutch! I love this place, I even loved it during the Jeremy Lin days. I seriously have spent more time on CF than any other website. This is like a second home. Thanks for everything you do, Clutch!!

19. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

(Aaron) Brooks was here.

And so was (Rocket) Red.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I found this site in search of info about Yao. I'd never seen Yao play before he was drafted by the Rockets. I was skeptical that a 7'6 dude from China would amount to anything. I thought he would be just another tall stiff.

Then I saw a highlight video here and said to myself, looks like this guy is for real. The rest was history.

BTW, one of the first threads I got into here was Dr of Dunk's report on the summer league. I thought, "Damn, this is better than any news media I've ever read!"

Hands down best sports fans site in the world.