1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Red Rowdy Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 00rocketgirl, Dec 29, 2010.

1. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Again, The Rockets organization and particularly Daryl Morey and Les Alexander have thanked the Rowdies over and over again for the energy and the passion that they bring to the arena. Most of the Rowdies aren't interested in getting shown on the big screen, the Rowdies are part of the Rockets and sponsored by Budweiser so as sponsorship agreement for Budweiser to pay for the Rowdies tickets, they ask in return that the Rowdies are shown both on television and in the arena for ADVERTISING PURPOSES.

In all honesty, if your life sucks that bad to where the Rowdies have to be a target of your hate, you must be really miserable. You may think the Rowdies dress like idiots, it is their way of showing appreciation for their team, going above and beyond too represent the Rockets in a wonderful fashion. Cameras during the game, despite what you think, aren't always on the Rowdies and if you were cheering as CRAZY AS YOU SAY YOU ARE, maybe you would get shown on television. Part of being a Rowdie is to dress up in COSTUME EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Take your hate somewhere else because you are clearly outnumbered. When the Rockets organization, particularly Morey and Alexander think highly of the Rowdies, then no matter what you say or think, the Rowdies will continue to EXIST.

As a side note, 10 other NBA TEAMS have "IDIOTS" (in your words) that dress like the Rowdies every home game. The Rowdies brand spread to other arenas throughout the United States, so annoying or not, it must be a great idea since more teams are catching on to the idea.

1 person likes this.
  2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Oh ok, i was just making sure you didn't get the wrong idea about my posts since you wrote it under my quote. No worries, I don't take it personally since I don't intend to trash talk.

3. Ryan02GT

Ryan02GT Member

I'm not so sure that people's life sucks so bad they hate the rowdies. It is that the rowdies and their generic chants are getting old. I have heard the same stuff over and over for 3-4 years and it seems they have worn out their welcome to alot of the fans. Its nothing personal against any of the rowdies because I have thought about trying out myself, but attending a minimum of 41 games in a season is unrealistic for me. Its just time to be done with the charade.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It is not a charade. Charade was a flick that came out in 1963, starring Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, and Walter Matthau. These are ardent fans of the Rockets. No comparison.

1 person likes this.
  5. delta69er

delta69er Member

At A&M, we stand up and cheer through an entire football game...does this make every person who goes to an Aggie football game a douchebag?

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't think you thought that question over very well, with all due respect.

;)

1 person likes this.
  7. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Not true. I see people pointing at them, asking for pictures with them and recording them during the romp every home game. That doesn't sound like a worn out welcome to me.

Would u rather the Rowdies do their "generic chants" in your words or have the arena be Lakewood Church during a Sunday Mass?

8. rockets247

rockets247 Rookie

Sorry. Not happening anytime soon. Read my other posts as to why the "charade" will continue.

9. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Maybe this thread should be moved to the D&D section?
    I knew this would happen- the Red Rowdy debate. It starts in every other thread where the Red Rowdies are mentioned. Some people like the Red Rowdies and others don't. The same stuff is said all of the time. It isn't worth my time and energy trying to turn the haters into lovers. I started posting a bunch on Clutchfans about 10 months ago in the Who dat? thread, due to this same discussion you posters are having. You are all wasting your time. You are debating opinions and not facts.

Let's please not turn every future blog entry I post's comment thread into a Red Rowdies' existence debate. Thanks.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The same Clutchfans here where people go on a 10 page holy crusade against CHEERLEADING in sports

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=142766

If this was the "RPD" Experience, some dunce will come in explaining how the dancers need "religion in their life" and tie it into poor American values.

"Go away Red Rowdies, so I can drink my BEERS and send drunk texts during the game!"

Yeah, detractors can sit on it.

11. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

To each their own.

12. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Lol. Win.

13. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Terrence Williams' tweet from 7 hours ago

"I love the red rowdies (even tho they need to chant to me more) #wordaapp"

14. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Kam posted a link to this

"Tough crowd

Joey Dorsey’s at the free throw line down the other end of the court from us and I can hear some kind of chant from the people up behind that basket.

Can’t make it out for a few seconds and then, with the help of my man Jonathan Feigen of the Chronicle, I figure out what they’re yelling:

“Rockets reject, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.”

Thats a little harsh. I was a fan of Joey's. He had a little Charles Jones in him lol.

15. Showtizzle2642

Let them hate, the type of haters on this thread u dont wanna waste your typing fingers with.
    GO Rockets and GO Rowdies!

16. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

I would kill to Be in the rowdies, but with rocketsgirl having all her connects I'd probably not make it haha.

I was in the Rowdies Section cheering along side of them, it was a pre-season, but the energy that is given off with the group is something you can't explain.

The people I did get to meet were great. I love how the rowdies keep it clean n clever with their chants, yet still damaging the players moral for a second haha.

They ain't listening, still hating, guess y'all have to get louder Rowdies.