1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Royce White Still A No-Show This Summer (UPDATE: On the trade block)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 1, 2013.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

He pulled a fast one on the Rockets by making it seem like he was earnestly going to work on his condition prior to signing his contract. I don't think he is faking his condition, I just think he has zero desire to treat his condition. He wants the world to change to accommodate his condition rather than do things that will cause him discomfort to try and over come it. His behavior is the most embarrassing of any draft pick I can remember, not because he won't fly or because of his anxiety issues, but because of his total lack of desire to even come to local practices and team functions. It certainly makes it seem like he is using his real condition as an excuse to get out of anything that he doesn't want to do. That being said, in the end most players picked where he was end up being busts for basketball reasons, or marginal role players at best, so it's not like we passed on Lebron to pick him.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Time to cut bait. Most disappointing Rockets' prospect ever!

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I really hope the Rockets are able to trade him even if they have to pay a team to do so just because I dont want them to have to waive and stretch his salary.

Because if they do that then I'll have to see his name on the Rockets salary roster on Sham Sports or Hoopshype salaries when I do cap math for 3 more years.

Of all the boneheads that have wore a Rockets uniform (or held it up in front of them during draft night), Im positive that Royce White is hands-down the absolute worst Houston (or San Diego) Rocket of all time.

I hope this is a proud moment for him.

4. the shark

the shark Member

It doesn't matter what kind of shape he's in.

It doesn't matter if he plays well in the summer league (if he's allowed to).

There's something called TRUST, and because of White's own actions (words) he's destroyed any the Rockets have for him. Because he's not trustworthy, they see the big picture with him, and he's not worth the investment (outside of what they've already invested in him).

Rockets have kept quiet on purpose and have been documenting a course of action to part ways with him (legally) as well as in the court of public opinion.

White will NEVER play for the Rockets. Those who think he will are clueless.

5. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Sad, and likely correct.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They need to buy him out.

7. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30">@Highway_30</a> Seriously, man? Some poor kid who has busted his ass is going to lose his job because of your guaranteed contract.</p>&mdash; Zach Wheat (@zachwheat) <a href="https://twitter.com/zachwheat/statuses/352062097422696449">July 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

His skill set wasn't that impressive in the d-league last year. For every fancy pass there was a terrible turn over and a bunch of bad fouls. But in the end it has never been about his skill set. It doesn't matter what your skill set is if you can't make it to the practices and games to show it off.

9. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Having multiple kids with every hood-rat skank you encounter is not a "skill" loser.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You know he reads this. That's how much time he has on his hands. SMH

11. Big Red Machine

It says a lot about him as a person and a player that he hasn't worked out with his teammates because he hasn't be contacted to do so. A player like that will never succeed because they aren't self-motivated.

There's obviously not trade value for him, and I'd hate for the FO to ship out other assets just to get rid of him. I say "stretch" him and be done with it.

12. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I don't think he gets that no one is going to "contact him". It's summertime, there aren't any organized practices, if he wanted to work out with his teammates he needs to take the initiative.

Sadly initiative is the one thing we don't see from this guy when it comes to basketball.

1 person likes this.
  13. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Are you kidding? Don't do this guy any favors so he might be able to play somewhere else.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there's a difference between being wrong and blindly labeling anything unproven to be all star level players.

15. MonKing

MonKing Member

Royce white is a very gifted athlete who, at the same time, is extremely immature, undisciplined, and lacking in work ethic.

Hate him, respect him, show patience with him. But whatever you are going to do, do it quickly, because when the Rockets finally get him off the roster he'll fade into obscurity and become just another failure who couldn't attain his potential.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Is it bad that I keep forgetting we have this chump on our team?

17. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

He's just a kid with money waiting for someone to tell him where to go and when to be there. Unfortunately he's so disconnected from the team, he's not proactively contacting them and I dare say the team is not contacting him because they don't care anymore.

$2m for someone to pick up that contract. Lower your salary requirement and get paid. Dwight or no Dwight, he needs to be moved for every's sake.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

White has done nothing as a Rocket. Less than nothing. What he has done is take up a roster space from those busting their butts to make the team. What he has done is take up cap space and make it far more difficult for the Rockets front office to do their job. I could go on, and at length, about what White has done and not done, and none of it is positive for the Houston Rockets, the reason he was drafted. The man has collected his money and publically insulted the Rockets front office, who took a chance on him, and White has hurt the team and his teammates. To make such a comparison as yours to Jeremy, or any other player on the Rockets actually working to get better, actually involved with the team and the coaches, and involved deeply, is completely absurd. It is more than absurd. It is both stupid and insulting to the players, the coaches, and the front office. Good job. You scored a trifecta.

1 person likes this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

My bet is as soon as he gets cut, he will start working hard and saying all the right things, that he's ready to face his problems. Some team will get suckered into giving him a guaranteed contract seduced by his unique skillset. Then he will start complaining again about work conditions and sit around again.

20. Granville

Granville Member

[​IMG]

He said Math Loon!!!!

1 person likes this.