1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Royce White Still A No-Show This Summer (UPDATE: On the trade block)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He will be released heck we couldn't trade Brooks or Delfino what makes you think someone wants this dude...

2. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

This is great news.

If we pay a team to take him off our hands that means we have enough cap room to sign Dwight!

More of our non-guarantees will be saved...

Beverley, G.Smith, Ohlbrecht, Anderson.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am pleased to see this development.
    Good luck wherever you go.

NOT

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

My fearless prediction is that he will not appear in an NBA game; then, 5 years or so on RW will endeavor to mount a comeback.

It does not appear that his motivation is there for an NBA career at this time.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

already listed as Top 20 Alltime Babymakers

6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Trade White? This is where we find out if Morey is truly a wizard.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Trade him and a 2nd rounder for zero salary coming back...quick! There are several teams in full rebuild mode.

8. Nook

Nook Member

A team may take him and cut him if the Rockets give up future draft picks. White is just an unfortunate situation, and not common. Do what you can to move on.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

lulz. Trade. No way we can get anything for this guy.

10. Raven

Raven Member

It's probably going to cost the Rockets a second round pick to dump him.

:(

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'd jump at that! We'd be lucky to get off so cheap. The guy's a first class bum.

12. alethios

alethios Member

I believe it's worth it though. Time to cut our losses and move on.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Rockets also have $2mil cash to give away to cover his bills. That plus a 2nd round pick should be enough for some cheap owner to take a flyer on White. It's not like the Kings, Bobcats of the world actually need all their capspace anyway.

14. cml750

cml750 Member

I believe it may take a first round pick. As much headache as he has given the Rockets in the last year. I don't think a team would be willing to take on that headache for a second rounder. By now it is more than obvious he will never play in the NBA.

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Trade him to l.a. Would love to see what kobe does to this bum. He's going to have an anxiety attack every second of the day.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

He represents no headache at all to a team with cap space to spare. You give a second round pick to a team in addition to handing them over 1.7M in cash or whatever it is Royce is guaranteed this year. Essentially the team (Sacramento? Charlotte? Toronto?) takes him on and waives him and then pays nothing at all, getting a second round pick in exchange for that 1.7M in cap to be chewed up when it already was not gonna be used.

You can pretty safely say at this point that no NBA team is gonna let Royce sniff even the practice court, much less the actual one. He's just a walking nuclear bomb who can fool all the dumb women out on the streets that will fall for his narcissistic PD tactics, but you better believe that GM's and coaches have seen enough.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They'd only be trading for him to get our second round pick and cash. They'd then cut him.

It would be the equivalent of buying a 2nd round pick from us. I wonder if there is a team out there with cap space that Morey has a good relationship with that would do him a solid?

18. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

Unfortunately, I agree and maybe more. It's worth it for D12 though!

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I would give up Motiejunas or Terrence Jones and get nothing in return if that is what it takes to trade Royce White.

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

He can teach him how to be a champion. #bewell