1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ClutchFans] Royce White Still A No-Show This Summer (UPDATE: On the trade block)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 1, 2013.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Since I couldn't say it better myself, I'll just rep you.

1 person likes this.
  2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Message to Royce: I hope nobody with anxiety disorder looks up to you cause you're a terrible role model. You've wasted all your potential and instead of using the spotlight to do something good, you used it to feed your own ego. You're so self-absorbed that you don't even realise how selfish you are. Hope we cut you and you will find your way, it was clear you never wanted to play basketball. Funny how you claim nobody has the talent you have, via twitter, yet you are too lazy to get up off your keister and actually use it. Well done.

1 person likes this.
  3. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Many sad angles to this quagmire but this one is at the top for me. He just closed the door for many other after him or rather he has made it harder for people with this challenge to get a fairer shake.

Overall, I wish him good health. I hope he gets help (not just mental, but also spiritual and emotion help) sooner rather than later because what I see from his tweets is an emotionally and spiritually weak person.

1 person likes this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Sometimes you don't realize what you had until you lose it.

1 person likes this.
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Welcome to cf Royce

1 person likes this.
  6. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

My cousin has the same mental illness that Royce White has. He loves sports and tries his best regardless of the struggles that he endures. Royce White was literally a hero to him when he saw him playing in college and getting drafted. For him to do this, regardless of the negative press towards a man of "mental illness," there is no excuse of abandoning obligations. There is no precedent for making excuses when he knew the expectations that were held of him. What he did, what he's doing, he broke my cousin's heart.

He doesn't deserve to carry the "mental illness champion" cape for anyone, not even himself. I'm glad he doesn't play, and I never want him to until his contract ends.

1 person likes this.
  7. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

He must be ill if he can't make it to Disneyworld.

1 person likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

People have been making excuses for his poor behavior his entire life, he has used mental illness as an excuse.

He is now being called out for his BS, and doesn't know how to cope with people calling his bluff.

The guy is 100% a con man.

DD

9. TheresTheDagger

Just exactly how long are you gonna keep making excuses for this worthless excuse of a human being?

1 person likes this.
  10. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Royce really cared about mental health awareness, he should host an annual "Punch Royce in the Face" charity event where anybody could actually punch him in the face after giving a donation.

There would be plenty of money raised to help his cause.

1 person likes this.
  11. BreakYoSelfFool

Don't understand the response here. If you haven't showed up, then there is nothing to dispute. Especially if you left on leave before the end of last season and haven't been back since.

There are several quality responses that could be made to this article:

1. I was just working out with team trainers / at the Toyota Center yesterday
    2. I haven't been to the Toyota Center, but I'm working hard with my trainers to improve in the areas the team has asked me to improve
    3. I will be there soon, just waiting for....

12. alethios

alethios Member

must spread reps around before giving to B-Bob (lol) - great post! No condition (except tourette) should justify RW's tweets and his refusal to do right by the Rockets.

13. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I would've loved to play in the summer league, there's been no communication to me about being wanted there.

<a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23RedNation&amp;src=hash">#RedNation</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/statuses/352466732109144064">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>For months comm. between me and the team has gone through the union... (Delicate Situation), everyone's doing the best they can.

<a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23RedNation&amp;src=hash">#RedNation</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/statuses/352467549474136064">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>2 types of people... those that seek truth, and those that take convenient information then make uninformed conclusions. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FactCheck&amp;src=hash">#FactCheck</a>

<a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BeWell&amp;src=hash">#BeWell</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/statuses/352469870279000067">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MentalHealth&amp;src=hash">#MentalHealth</a> reform can not logically be ignored in any place in America, including corporations. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BeWell&amp;src=hash">#BeWell</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/statuses/352491048905351170">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I literally do not think I have loathed a Houston sports "athlete" as much as this kid. My eyeroll is on overload.

1 person likes this.
  15. herro

herro Member

#petulantbrat

16. ERC

ERC Member

I agree. For all his valiant effort in advocating for those with mental illness, he's actually doing them a disservice with his action.

1 person likes this.
  17. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Saying he is a 'no-show' implies that he is absent without leave, which is not the case.

Clearly the Rockets do not want him participating. They appear to have washed their hands of him and are not wasting any more time or effort trying to train him up or get him into the program.

It's all over but the crying, really.

18. valorita

valorita Member

Hope he is not getting any of his contract money since he is not fulfilling his part of duties.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

His tweets read like something out of the Onion.

20. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Wow, this guy is history. Maybe play in a small country that doesn't require flying, like Israel, Slovenia or Greece or something.