1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Potential Rocket Profile: Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 18, 2014.

1. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

I like that we haven't been linked to Love in a while which is precisely when Morey strikes.

Last thing I heard is that we didn't have the assets to get him.

Since then the Warriors have scoffed at the asking price and we acquired another 1st round pick for Asik.

My best scenario off season (besides LeBron which won't happen) would be trading Love & keeping Parsons.

T.Jones + Capela + two 1sts next year. That has to be at least somewhat appealing to the Wolves I would think...

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Pretty amazing to think that not even 2 years after the Harden trade, Morey has completely restocked our supply of assets. We now have an assortment of picks prospects, and eurostashes to satisfy a variety of different requests.

3. Drat456

Drat456 Member

That ****pile isn't getting you love lol

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it could, Love doesn't exactly have a lot of suitors because no one wants to trade for a player just to have them bail on them like Howard did to LA.

5. jacoby

jacoby Member

I've said this before. If all it took to get Kevin Love is Terrence Jones and a couple of late 1st rounders, the Milwaukee Bucks would offer something better without a guarantee he'd resign.

Why? Because there's virtually no risk involved. Take off your homer glasses please. If that deal could net us Love it would have happened many many many moons ago.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you give up more assets than a starter and 2 first rounders for potentially nothing and there's "virtually no risk involved"? Heh, you should probably work on your definitions.....or better yet, how about you give me your car and 10 grand in a deal to where I let you drive a rental car for a week and maybe I let you keep it if I feel like it? There's virtually no risk involved.

7. cmoney23

cmoney23 Member

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine about 26 minutes ago
    Minnesota, I'm told, also continues to monitor Parsons should Rockets decide to make trade run at Kevin Love. Melo has been HOU focus so far

8. newAge_Rockets

T. Jones, the NOP first round pick, a future HOU first round pick or Capela, and Parsons in a sign and trade for Love.

This year's rotation:
    Beverley/Jameer Nelson
    Harden/Daniels
    Deng/Garcia
    Love/Motiejunas
    Howard/Jordan Hill

I could roll with that lineup, but I don't think you trade Parsons without knowing who will be your next starting small forward. Whether it be best case scenario in Deng, good case in Ariza, or worst case Francisco Garcia.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

As per Clutch, y'all should add one or two of our euro stashes to make the deal a bit better.