1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 3/10/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 10, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you post +/- when it supports your agenda and completely ignore it when it doesnt?

Go back and look up who leads in +/- between Russ and Harden for the season. I will wait.

When Harden has a good game offensively, Rockets win.

Team shooting 39% from 3 was the key.

2. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Russ was the key. Who’s been the best player on the Rockets for the last couple months? I’ll wait groupie!

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I guess Rockets only have impressive losses and boring wins.

CF is too damned spoiled.

Every W is earned.

jcmoon, Huricane, Tfor3 and 4 others like this.
  4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

If Harden carries like he can do, the Rockets blow teams out. Westbrook can score big points, but he can't carry to the extent like Harden can. These guys know it, but their hatred for the man gets in the way.

If the supporting casts steps up, we won't lose. But we all know they won't step up consistently.

I've got a feeling the Lakers are going to double team Harden pretty much for the whole game. So Westbrook has to lead the team.... and the supporting cast definitely have to step up.

5. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Actually it was 5. Who was on the bench when he took the lead? Nah it seems like most of the posters are this board are Harden groupies. Westbrook got killed at the beginning of the season and was playing with 2 messed up hands and I didn’t hear all the excuses. Smh

6. SORF

SORF Member

Harden...
    11-19 FG...58% shooting
    5-10 threes...50%
    10-14 FTs...71%
    4 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, and only 3 Turnovers

I would take that -5 any day!!!!!

hakeem94, IvanLCPM, ak99999 and 4 others like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Russ has played great last 2 months, Harden played even better the first 3 months.

Rockets need both to play at their best to win it all.

If anyone is a groupie it's you, your posting history is clear for anyone to confirm that.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's not. You got amazing production from Harden and Westbrook and were at home against the Towns-less Timberwolves, and you only win by 6?

Role players remain a large issue

ak99999 likes this.
  9. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Nah I’m a big Harden fan what pissed me off wee cats like yourself ******** on Russ when he was clearly injured. That kinda turned me off honestly.

10. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

We won against the clippers, Lakers, Celtics etc with Russ leading us. Tell me when has Russ missed the playoffs, since he can’t win games? Smh

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’ll take the W. Hell, I’ll take a win no matter how we get it. Let’s see if we can win the next one. They will be gunning for us. It’s a test, if ever there was one. Win that game and the media, along with some here, will suddenly love the Rockets again. Fickle, aren’t they. Fickle being the nicest description I can come up with.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay 5, 5 is literally nothing in today's NBA. I mean I wasnt killing him, I still liked Russ. There were plenty of people who werent killing him Also Harden's crapped on WAAAAAAY harder than Russ, like MUUUCH harder. And still despite whatever you think, this is Harden's team. This system doesnt work without him. He is the best player on the team. I love Brodie and Beard though, why cant we say both got us the win?

D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  13. Section123row16seat1

are they justifiably fickle?

Or just b****es

D-rock, Mr Chuck Norris and HP3 like this.
  14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This. So much this. Look at the 3pt % in the win streak and losing streak.

It’s all that matters.

D-rock and Tfor3 like this.
  15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

2014/2015 season? Harden has never missed a playoffs.... with a worst supporting cast than Westbrook has had in most years.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Any win is a good win right now.

17. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Russ literally had no one on his team that could shoot. I mean literally no one and still won games/ made the playoffs. Lmaooo. What are you talking about smh

18. TimDuncanDonaut

Game wasn't perfect, but the most encouraging of signs is stopped the slid. Hopefully gives the players some confidence back.

#1. Game wasn't a blow out, both teams more or less stayed with each other. Wolves biggest lead was 10, Rocket's Q4 spurt at one time had a 13 pts lead.

#2. Three point shooting - less hesitation than last game. Both teams shot around the same.
    Wolves 14/35 (40%)
    Rockets 15/38 (39.5%)

#3. D'angelo was red hot in Q1, he still had a very good game overall. Rockets put some additional emphasis on him. Rivers, RoCo and occasionally Tucker all had turns on him.

When a team is in a slump, sometimes it takes a while to get back. Not sure if we turned a corner, but at least signs are positive.

19. Mr. Space City

shut the **** up and enjoy the win you miserable ****s

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I prefer to leave one’s sex out of the equation. Besides, fickle rhymes with pickle. Had we lost tonight, we would have really been in a pickle.

D-rock likes this.