1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2013.

1. split41

split41 Member

I apologise about my poor grammar and spelling at the moment, I'm not proof reading. I'm too sad/angry/disappointed we lost for that.

2. rocketsmetalspd

Seems like the Spurs and Mavs have the Rockets number and they are older and Rockets can't beat them. I hope one of these seasons the Rockets return the favor but I am been saying that for years.

3. Spooner

Spooner Member

Your highest paid player needs to be held accountable. No one in their right mind can tell me Jeremy Lin has been good this year. Parsons is making under a mil btw. I have faith Jeremy will get better and he has the tools to do so, but given his starting spot and contract, certain expectations are warranted. I don't see how you can be mad at James Harden or even have him in the same discussion, he is scoring at a very efficient rate and a league leader in points. Yes he had a bad game...20/8/7. If that's bad, he's probably pretty good. At least he's consistant. If you don't believe me, consider the fact that he broke the rockets 25ppg streak and is still on a 20ppg streak. WTF has Jeremy Lin done consistently except miss shots and turn the ball over?

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm hoping to get Milsap so we don't have to free Dmo.

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Dear lord, it was Lin and Harden PnR got us back in the forth, yes, screen every single possession.

6. alX

alX Member

i would have had patterson out there on dirk.
    at least he hit a three tonight.

7. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

dmo will be free on another team

8. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

She/he meant we outscored the Mavs in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He wasn't put in the position in NY initially and he still was agressive..

Stop making excuses man, Lin can play like that whenever he wants. He can call for a pick whenever he wants, and I hope he starts doing it more. He can be a good young player if he just plays with more confidence like he did in the 4th quarter tonight.

10. Jedster

Jedster Member

You will never understand it unless you harbor some unnatural hate towards Lin.
    The same people who blame Lin for this loss for whatever reason, will come around later tonight or tomorrow and tell the rest of us that there are no Lin haters, just Lin-fan haters.

Yet that's clearly untrue because they are blaming Lin for the loss tonight. Oh well, it's what it is cos Lin is the polarizing guy he is. :cool:

11. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

I've seen Lin call for picks plenty of times, he doesn't get them most of the time....

12. nickg

nickg Member

Yes, he is fast. And yes he's capable of getting past his defender. So is a large chunk of the NBA, that doesn't mean they do it regularly and that they shouldn't use a pnr. Especially with harden where they can put another guard in a position they really aren't used to.

13. TopChef

TopChef Member

Harden gets criticism for iso plays, but come on. With Asik clogging the paint how else are we supposed to score?

Teams have adjusted to us by ignoring our outside threats and crowding the pa int.

14. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

SO SO SO SO TRUE. PNR for Lin and he will get 20 every game.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't think it was every single possession, but I'd have to re-watch it. Regardless, my point still stands about wanting Lin to play with the same agressiveness that he had in the 4th quarter tonight, all the time. There's no reason why he can't, and it's ridiculous to blame the coaches for Lin not playing well most of this season.

16. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

It's true, he calls for the pick and his teammates are like, "Nah man, no way"

17. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Go Cavs go!!!

It's pathetic that I'm scoreboard watching and we're not even mid-way through the season lol...

18. PRaZe

PRaZe Member

Oh no I'm not mad at Harden at all (Since look what he got Rockets so far) Though I was really disappointed at Harden tonight he was relying on foul call to much at this game. Yeah Jeremy Lin has not been consistent but has shown potential especially Rockets vs Spurs where James was out because of injury. But is it always Lin's fault when they lose? IMO it's not always his faul.

19. PRaZe

PRaZe Member

20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Exactly. We need someone else that can take some of the attention away from Harden so he isn't always double and triple teamed.

I hope you are watching, Morey.