1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 1/13/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2005.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

At least its a win, but damn, it shouldn't have been that close...Luckily Sura was the man...Can you imagine what this guy would do with a healthy knee...

Another win in front of a national audience...

2. BSW

BSW Contributing Member

More national exposure the next couple of games.

Hopefully we keep on winning

3. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

With the way Yao played against the Nets, he better bring his A game to against the Spurs :mad: I just hope T-Mac can play this game, but if there's a shred of doubt, I say sit T-Mac...he deserve the rest. Same goes for Sura.

4. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Maybe Yao can go to Sloan's summer basketball camp and learn how to flop ala Stockton, Malone, Ostertag, etc. so that he can get some of those calls. :rolleyes:

5. The Ming Dynasty

Very true. Yao needs to take some lessons from Deke on this, notice how many players back off when Deke is playing center. It doesn't take too many elbows to get a reputation, remember Bill Hanslik (sp?) from Denver in the early 80's - he gave Sampson fits with his pointy elbows.

6. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

Ming will not do that

7. The Ming Dynasty

Well if he doesn't do something to gain some respect from the refs and opposing players he may go down as one of the best big men never to win a championship.

8. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

Yes, I agree, but,,, yao is himself

9. The Ming Dynasty

Respectfully, I disagree. Rodman was just an average player till he reinvented himself in SA. Ming does not have to go to the same extreme, but a few elbows now and then could help the cause, and if not for himself, then for the team.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that Yao play dirty at all, but the way smaller players like Collins push and shove him around is inexcusable. How many times did you see Collins arms wrapped all over Yao and no call. If Yao would simply swing his elbows a little when clearing the rebound every once in a while, someone will take a hit and with his strength it will be quite painful and they will think twice about it next time.

10. Charvo

Charvo Member

The dude needs to learn how to hit some jumpers. Get the damn hook shot down. I've yet to see to him hit 2 hook shots in a row this seasons.

11. KWA8272

KWA8272 Contributing Member

I totally agree. All of us are not professional players nor coaches, but all of us can point out what the mistakes Yao had had consistently, why our Rockets coaches whom are paid big money have not discovered them and help Yao to correct it by all means. :p

12. KWA8272

KWA8272 Contributing Member

I like your suggestion very much. It will be very productive. Would some one send this quote to Andy Yao of Radio 1050. He is the host for the Rockets weekly show every Wednesday morning, from 8: 00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. (in Chinese) :)