1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 9/8/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 7, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't understand the 2 MVP reasoning.

LBJ is a multiple former MVP and AD is a current MVP and DPOY candidate.

AD didn't win the thing but he isn't far off.

It's more or less a wash.

WB got MVP because he used to steal rebounds from Adams.

#101 daywalker02, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  2. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Russ' MVP is actually James'. So we only have 1 multiple MVP player, to be honest about it :D

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, an MVP shouldn't struggle like that running around and living with fundamental flaws not able to shoot.

He'll have a bounce back game.

BigShasta and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Lakers uses their small ball dead lineup kuzma, lb., ad, rondo and Morris vs Houston and reduce McGee and Howard playing times. I think Houston needs to change in game 3.

I suggest try to reduce westbrooks minutes in 4th quarter and increase defence intensity just like cs okc.

Their deadline up will not stronger than okc for sure

5. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Good good. Hopefully Westbrook figured out ways not to suck. We need to FOCK ASS!

D-rock likes this.
  7. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Mike: Jim, can you please tell Russ we need to reduce his minutes.
    James: OK, I know what to do.

jayydela, BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

“Hey Russ...could you hit a shot? Or remember how to dribble? Or stop turning it over every possession? Or make a layup? Or actually attack the basket? Or play defense for a change? Or actually hit our teammates with a good pass? I think that would really help our team”

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is to you too @JSizzle

Westbrook had a bad game, but it's not all on him. Others have to step up. You know a couple years back in the playoffs Harden had a lot of games with terrible 3pt shooting and we still won all of them. I mean he had two 1-7 games, two 1-10 games, 0-11, and 2-13. Two of the games we won he only shot 2-18 and 5-21 on FG%. In all those playoff games he only averaged 5 rebounds!!

Why did we win all those games? Because the team stepped up. Russ did get 13 rebounds. Guess how many rebounds Harden, B-Mac, Rivers, Gordon, and Green had combined? A whopping 3 rebounds. Come on man, that's pathetic. This is where Russ helps us big time.

We didn't lose by much, but if others had done more too we would have won. Do you know how many points Green, Rivers, and B-Mac had? None! Not even 1 point!!!!! I'll repeat that. They didn't even score 1 point!

We just have to hope Russ doesn't take so many 3's, and cuts down on the turnovers. We also need our bench to put points on the board. As for rebounding, well we have guys who need to hustle more for those balls.

Here's to stepping it up a notch, cleaning up our mistakes, and getting back to this business of sending the Lakers packing.

Go Rockets!!!!!

D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  10. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Man I don't really see how we pull this one off.

The rest of the team outside WB played stellar, and we still came up short.

What's the likelihood this team can repeat that performance? The Lakers are awake now.

Unfortunately, I think we fall short 145-119.

@Reeko you want to take a bet?

ashleyem and hakeem94 like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

marc davis, pat fraher, tre maddox (of kd outta bounds fame)

12. psaman17

psaman17 Member

The two MVP thing is dumb because in this series there are 3 TOP tier players. And then theres a massive dropoff the size of Grand Canyon for the 4th. Russell Westbrook is not in the same stratosphere as Lebron, Harden, AD. He's closer to Eric Gordon.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No they didn't. How many rebounds did Harden, B-Mac, Rivers, Gordon, and Green have combined? A whopping 3 rebounds. Come on man, that's pathetic. This is where Russ helps us big time.

Green, Rivers, and B-Mac had not 1 point between them. None! Not even 1 point!!!!! I'll repeat that. They didn't even score 1 point!

DeBeards likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good cuddle session.

Sanctity likes this.
  15. psaman17

psaman17 Member

The most concerning part of Game 2 is how easily Davis scored. This guy could've had 60 points on 70%TS if the Lakers kept feeding him. I dont see how this midget swarming defense can neutralize Davis with Lebron and 3point shooters. Davis against PJ Tucker is such a ridiculous matchup my head hurts just thinking about it.

deb4rockets and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  16. swedish-olajuwon

Lakers had a way better 3 point shooting than what they usually perform at. AD and Bron played as their top level and Morris and Kuzma made 12 of 15 shots and combined for 5 of 6 made 3 point shots.

Westbrook had his worst playoff game ever and Houston's bench only managed to make 5 of 13 shots.

And Houston won game 1 without any super performance.

jayydela likes this.
  17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand, they literally had nearly all season to work on this. Harden was getting trapped all season long, they should get a layup every time. It should be second nature by now.

18. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

I think we could all use a boring win right about now. Go Rockets!

BamBam, D-rock, gogispade and 5 others like this.
  19. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Lakers shot too well from 2. They played awesome defense, Lebron went Super Saiya starting the 4th quarter and they got a good game from AD. THey got the refs and we still gave them a fight with a bad Russ game.

We can do this, we just need to realize we are the stronger team here. Push the pace, attack them early, don't let them get settled.

Should we go zone at the start of the 4th with Harden resting and Lebron going for the kill. That seems to be the key stretch of the game.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

How many minutes did maclemore play to deserve this hate?