1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets facing uncertainty

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Jun 24, 2012.

1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

LMAO! That says it all for the mindset Houston is battling to make championship rosters. It is just not there. The push or the want. Its all a time consuming process that takes decades according to everyone.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

And with that last sentence, weight of opinion has reached absolute zero.

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

It was a joke. Get over it. We can conclude there are better GMs. i dont need to spell it out to everyone to get that point across.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Preach it!

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Let me ask you a serious question. In your opinion, do you think this would be a good team to have around Yao and Tracy? Because that is what this team was meant to be. Not so much this team, but the type of team that fits perfect around a star.

6. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Who do we replace Morey with? Shaq? Pritchard?

Everyone points to Presti's OKC model as what teams like us should follow -- but Presti combined skill with luck. Morey has demonstrated skill in getting the better of a vast majority of his deals, but we haven't had the luck. I don't think getting rid of Morey puts us in any better spot.

2 people like this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Great post.

8. Raven

Raven Member

What puts us in a better spot is having a top three pick. I don't know if it's Les setting the agenda or Morey telling Les what he thinks he wants to hear, but the Rox have been spinning in circles since Yao went down in the playoffs. To suggest that the rebuilding didn't begin until Yao retired is insulting. The whole 24 minutes per game BS should tell you all you need to know.

The org needs to dump Luis, Kevin, and Lowry and move up to take Perry and Meyers. Perry "might" be there are fourteen, but Meyers will be long gone by then.

Starting three rookies would be both fun and a surefire way of landing a top five pick in 2013.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

I don't care how you put it but tanking is not fun. It sucks ***.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Here is a summary for those who don't want to read:

We used to be really good. Now we suck. Nobody knows when or how we'll ever stop sucking.

1 person likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Daryl Morey needs to be considered in the same position Kubiak was in last year.
    MAKE OR BREAK

Rocket River

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bob err Les will give Gary err Daryl a contract extension and tell him to keep on battlefightin'.

Yes, Daryl's contract is up after this upcoming year.

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I think it might be. Not OKC, Spurs, and Heat good. I also think had Rudy Gay been here inserted for Battier going to the Heat? They yes it would have been perfect to have a trio plus this whole roster. Then so many deal would not have happened with them uninjured. Perhaps Brooks, Battier, Landry do not get traded. So many different things happened since their injuries due to those injuries.

14. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

he closed a deal on you too? CD was a bad man

15. caneks

caneks Rookie

At this point, anyone can potentially do better job than Morey. How bad could you be to manage your team losing 3 years in a row and still have no clue? pick out the teams that doing lottery in the last 3 years in the whole league, you will have the idea.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A blast from the past! Good to see a post from you, Almu. It's been a while. I disagree with a lot of what you just said, however (while agreeing with some of it, to a degree). For example, I don't think Alexander is "cheap," but that he can really interfere with his GM trying to do his job, and gets too hung up on personalities, at the expense of the team's success, like getting rid of Adelman because he just didn't like him (imo), and hiring McHale less because of his coaching record, which was almost nonexistent, and more because he's a very famous Hall of Famer, who's also fantastic with the media (again, imo). I certainly disagree about Morey's intelligence. You don't get an MBA from MIT unless you are brilliant. Hell, you don't get into MIT unless you are brilliant. I disagree with many of his decisions (Williams, for example), but would never question his intelligence. I agree with you about Yao. We should have been planning for his demise long before his injuries finally got him to retire. I think that's on Morey, and possibly on Alexander. Heck, I bet Alexander had a great deal to do with hanging on to the faint hope that Yao would finally get healthy again.

Anyway, nice to see you posting again. :)-

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

at this point, with all the info that has been printed, anyone who doesnt know that Les Alexander is the ONLY person making the decision on team direction is either purposefully ignorant or has been under a rock for the last 5 years.

In All caps so that those with vision problems can see it.

LES DOES NOT WANT TO TANK, HE WANTS TO REMAIN COMPETITIVE. LES OWNS THE TEAM, SO WHAT HE SAYS GOES.

1 person likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

Hey Rookie, We haven't had a losing record since Morey became GM.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Feigen's article needs to be read in the context in which it was written:

First, this was NOT the Rockets' open discussion of their internal plans. In fact, given the the organization will not even share information on draftee workouts, I doubt they ever share their grand strategy to the extent that it cost them even a little bit of competitive advantage in making deals.

Les Alexander could have his hair on fire threatening to fire Morey every single day and they won't tell Feigen about it. Why? Because if other teams know that you need to make a deal to save your job they'll take advantage of that info. The Houston Rockets are not going to publicly share their corporate plans any more than Apple or Exxon-Mobil is.

Second, this is not the Rockets actively reaching out to sell tickets or do "fan PR." Not only is this "stay the course" talk unlikely to appease the more frustrated members of the fan base (this thread proves it), an article of any kind written this time of the year is likely to be read by relatively few pepople, will likely be quickly forgotten once actual offseason moves are made, and is unlikely to impact the team's ticket sale or popularity even a little bit. If anyone thinks this is the Rockets trying to appease him/her and PR you into spending money, he/she is simply paranoid-- much like the paranoid folks who think Clutch is in cahoots with Morey to keep juicy info from fans.

Third, this article was written because Jonathan Feigen has to put some content up in the paper the website now that draft day is coming around. He asked questions about their "grand plan" because it's the kind of thing you ask team officials before the draft. They answered his questions because it's what you do with local media. They said there isn't pressure to do something right away because it's the only thing you can say without hurting your hand vis-a-vis other teams. Not many people will read what Feigen wrote, not many people will care what they said, the actual ticket sales and fan passion in general will depend on the actual draft picks, free agent signings and trades that the team does during the course of the summer.

20. caneks

caneks Rookie

Yes, Mr. Knowledge, good defination on wining, yet you forgot to mention that we've been a mediciore team in the last 3 years on a par with Sacromento, Gold State,New Jersey, Washington and Detroit.

Should we call it GREAT job?