1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] headband of brothers want to return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fonzie_004, May 29, 2015.

1. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...y-and-corey-brewer-want-to-return-to-rockets/

Just on this, if Brewer is on record as wanting to return, could we face some headaches with the wink wink deal reported for brewer to waive his player option?

OAKLAND, Calif. – While disappointment was oozing through the locker room at Oracle Arena on Wednesday night, there was also a healthy amount of hope.

The Rockets had just lost in the Western Conference finals. The season was over. Soon, the players would disperse for the offseason.

While they all knew – like with any offseason – things would change, they were hopeful that Wednesday night wasn’t the last game they would play together.

Josh Smith, Jason Terry and Corey Brewer all sat in a row – their lockers next to each other.

The trio all face free agency this summer. And all three hope they will be sporting their headbands in Houston again.

“I love playing here,” Brewer said. “I hope we are back together. We made the Western Conference finals and hopefully everything works out and we are all back together next year.”

The common thread among players after the loss was that they weren’t done.

After a season full of injuries and personnel changes, they felt like they had put something special together.

But the summer will undoubtedly bring change. Brewer, Smith and Terry are unrestricted free agents, and KJ McDaniels and Pat Beverley are restricted (meaning the Rockets can match offers they recieve).

While there is a lot of uncertainty, the Rockets hope to have another chance at a special run together.

Terry was picked up in free agency last summer, Brewer was part of a trade in December and Smith was picked up after he was waived from Detroit in December.

The three have been regulars in the lineup this season and all had crucial roles in the Rockets’ advancement in the postseason.

“I like the future if we can keep all the pieces together,” Smith said. “I like what the future holds for us.

“You never know in free agency what may occur. The city of Houston and this team has definitely embraced me for my individuality and the way I play the game. It would be great to do something special for the city and for this team.”

Terry, who is 37, said he immediately felt at home with the Rockets when training camp started last year. He said he isn’t done playing yet and would like another go in Houston.

“I want another opportunity to fight for a championship and Houston right now is the best fit for me,” Terry said.

Their teammates echoed the sentiment. Center Dwight Howard said he would love to have all the pieces back.

“I love being out there with guys who are going to fight,” Howard said.

And guard James Harden said that the Rockets this year at full strength would have a great chance to make it even further next season.

“Like I said, given what we have, we made it to the Western Conference finals,” Harden said. “Missing some pieces, missing our starting point guard (Beverley) and then Donatas Motiejunas, who’s a key piece to our team, as well, put a lot of pressure on other guys to step up, so they did, but it just wasn’t enough. Like I said, hopefully those guys can be ready and healthy for next year.

“I’m pretty confident that the group that we have, if we have a strong and healthy group, we can be really good.”

The headband of brothers – who were key in the Rockets advancing this far in the playoffs want to be part of that.

“I love the progression we made,” Terry said. “I love the coaching staff. I hope I am a part of the future, but I appreciate everything. I appreciate the opportunity.

“Hopefully we have another shot at this next year.”

Categories: General
    Tags: Corey Brewer | free agents | Jason Terry | Josh Smith | rockets
    PRINT