1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[CHRON] Change is coming for Rockets, but in what form?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

LINK

I think this article bears consideration, not because Justice is a good writer or relatively well connected for that matter, but because this kind of article is exactly what happened last year just before the McGrady debacle went public and it was agreed upon from both sides that T-Mac would leave the team and never play for us again while we sought a suitor to take his expiring.

What I mean to say is, although he might not have all the Ins into the Rockets organization, he has a couple, and he gained some credibility in my eyes when he posted that article on the Rockets last year. It's not one of his assinine blog posts, and he otherwise hardly ever writes a formal op-piece on the Rockets, so now when he does do so my ears tend to perk up. There's a lot of stuff he drops in here that sounds like an opinion but is too out-there to be true.

The Shane Battier thing for instance. And the disappointment with Budinger and Hill. The fact that they've looked into Chris Paul, DeAndre Jordan, Anderson Varejao, Josh Smith. It all makes sense. So take it for what it's worth. I hope he's right, and that change is coming sooner rather than later.

2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

YEAH YEAH!!

3. herro

herro Member

Good.

Daryl is doing his job.

4. Spacemoth

Whoops I messed up the title, anyone know how I can fix it? :p

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1C2-me3pC18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

So Morey realized the team is no good and is proactive about changing the roster. Morey is all for shaking up the roster, but will adelman mind shaking up the rotations and minutes? He will be forced to I guess, and thats great news.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Just regurgitating the obvious. Well done, Dick.

8. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Every GM in the league is making calls, and inquiring about players.
    Nothing special, or news worthy.

9. Spacemoth

We'll see if Justice is right about this one as well. I guess he goes back to ground zero if the deadline comes around and Battier is still here, and none of the other stuff he says we've inquired on has come to fruition. I believe him for now though when he says Morey has faith in our starting lineup based on its +/- statistics. Of course none of this precludes the possibility that Morey and Adelman really are playing some guys more than others for showcasing purposes.

10. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Not to be disagreeable, but if you are basing this on an old article where he predicted that McGrady would be dealt, then I have a news flash too: water is wet and the sky is blue. You heard it here first.

11. Danckchi

Danckchi Member

It is a good thing that he is calling and trying but will he be able to improve the Rockets to a contender or an elite team. It is results that really matters in the end. He is well paid to bring in results not to just try.

Bringing Carmelo on rental and hoping he will sign is a sign of desperation.

As fans we can only hope he is successful in filling up the holes in this team which he should have done in the offseason.

12. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

It would be like an all in bet in poker. Let Morey trade all those assets for an unsigned Melo but if he walks to NY, Morey should quit or be fired.

13. acjeitherocket

Thats the chance morey is willing to take I guess

14. Prince

Prince Member

Fixed it for you.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What? Morey is working to make a trade? Doesn't he know that this gets into players' head not knowing if they will stay? He treats them like assets. That's how you get players to mistrust the organization!!

Stop thinking about trades, Morey! Tell the players they are family. They are all gonna stay.

16. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

freaking, lets get something going already...i hate waiting till the deadline to make a move...arrrghhh. lol. such a tease morey. :rolleyes:

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Amazing how Justice can discern Morey's thinking without talking to the guy...

RJ must be telepathic or something.

18. Zfan

Zfan Member

I can't believe Morey is working furiously to rent Melo. It's just stupid.

19. Raven

Raven Member

Morey's not going to do anything until he's absolutely certain that he can't get Carmelo, an entire season wasted on the empty hope of acquiring a vain superstar.

20. onreego

onreego Member

Win win in my eyes. Regardless of what happens in the next 2 seasons I don't see this team winning any championships unless you take the lakers and trade jerseys. Trading for melo gets you a chance to extend him. If he wants to bolt there's the SnT route or he just walks. There's 2012 which so many on here are looking at as a big FA year, which we'll hopefully have some flexibility with cap space, and there's the lottery. I'm just ready for a change, there has been nothing about this team that entices me to watch them lately.