1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul doing Chris Paul things

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, Dec 6, 2019.

1. MystikArkitect

If intelligence was a premium in the NBA the Thunder wouldn't have a 9-12 record.

hakeem94, BigggReddd and RudyTBag like this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He didn't say it was a premium. He said it was underrated, which I agree.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How is it underrated?

4. MystikArkitect

I dont think its underrated. Chris is a smart dude but a lot of this board is of the belief that we'd be better off with Paul and his intelligence over Westbrook and his perfectly working 31 year old hamstrings.

hakeem94 and fckbandwagons like this.
  5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This is so far from a useful statement...

If you want to single out the 'butchered future' moment, you might do better to point the finger at the Chris Paul $40million dollar payday. We screwed ourselves by massively overpaying an aging non-all-star. The Westbrook trade is simply the attempt to salvage something from that horrendous contract.

OR

You could point the finger at the "Luxury Tax Savings" deal that forbade the acquisition of Jam Green and Garrett Temple (and the retention of James Ennis) at the trade deadline last year. Instead we flushed the contracts of Knight and Chriss and dumped Ennis to get under the tax line. Keep Ennis, add Green and Temple, and you never know - we may have broken through last season even with the Albatross contract!

Who knows?
    Let's just hope they get the most of out Westbrook while we have him - get him driving and kicking to shooters more consistently. And give him the green light to go "Russ mode" when Harden is sitting.

hakeem94, fckbandwagons and JayGoogle like this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I liked the CP3 signing, I just wish we could have done a declining max....but, we made the guy a promise when he agreed on the opt-in the previous season, we were a game/injury away from beating one of the GOAT teams and winning a championship. I think if we still had CP3 and used our future picks to bolster the roster that we could have won a ring. I find WB's contract to be much more horrendous, and I don't think we can ever come close to competing for a ring with WB on the team

HP3, da_juice and YOLO like this.
  7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I read this thread title and thought he was out with another pulled hammy...

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And another Shimmy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UTSA2step, jboslett, RKREBORN and 2 others like this.
  9. RocketsFan2017

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol cp3 still owning spider/gobert and the jazz

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Westbrook had good hamstrings tonight and we still lost dude. Westbrook has been great these last couple of games....but honestly I feel like we needed Cp to cover for Harden's weaknesses. I feel like Westbrook has all the same tendencies James does.

12. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Thats just smart basketball man.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

OKC in 7th seed.

xaos likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The East 7th seed has a better record than the West 7th, when was the last time that happened?

B-Bob and BeBreezy like this.
  15. MystikArkitect

I'll be honest. I don't think the Rockets with Harden/Westbrook are a championship team.

I do think they give us a better chance than Harden/Paul. If Paul was 31, this wouldn't be a discussion.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Real talk- Being broke down and unreliable late season doesn't mesh with having a big mouth.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Paul doesn't sound too smart. Today in the Chronicle Jonathan Feigan posted this quote from Paul talking about Tucker.

"...He needs an extension. That's all the man want. The man play every night and can't get an extension."

I don't know if Feigan messed up in quoting him, or if Paul really speaks like that.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. BleedsRocketRed

Him and Tuck have a close bond and long history together. Paul is also the head union rep for the players so its understandable that he wants his good friend to get paid

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't referring to him sticking up for Tucker. I was referring to the grammar.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

seeing cp3 and harden in the backcourt again was great, especially in extended meaningful time