1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh thinks LeBron James will end up in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 7, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Apparently, LeBron hasn't forgiven J.R. Smith for being a moron. In this ESPN.com article, he talks about how the key to beating the Warriors is to have a team that has a high basketball IQ and actually thinks the game through at a high level while they're playing.
    Mr. James, meet Mr. Harden and Mr. Paul. And yes, Mr. Ariza and Mr. Tucker and Mr. Mbah a Moute.

DonKnock, hakeem94, gatsby and 4 others like this.
  2. kevcai

kevcai Member

Haven't seen it brought up much but are we sure that Harden wants to add LeBron to the fold? Not saying he's selfish but the man is coming off a season where he is presumably the league MVP and came [one hamstring injury/one half of good basketball/fair refs] away from taking down the mighty Warriors with him being the clear cut #1. He has shown his unselfishness by bringing in another ball dominant player in CP3 and did a marvelous job learning to play off each other.

But bringing in LeBron James is a whole different animal. Not only is he a better player than CP3 (and Harden), he's a much more dominant personality. Adding him adds the entire media circle that follows his every step. If we add LeBron and take down the Warriors how would Harden be viewed? Does he care? I have no idea...but it's something to at least consider right?

Harden + CP3 proved everybody wrong because they wanted to play together -- I hope that's the case if we bring LeBron into the fold as well. Personally (if I was Harden), if we were so close to climbing the mountain top with me as the alpha...I wouldn't want to bring in another top dog.

RyanB likes this.
  3. vick

vick Member

Bosh turned down the Rockets twice.

daywalker02 and RyanB like this.
  4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Back when we were trying to get Melo it leaked that CP3 and Harden had already been recruiting LBJ. It was no coincidence that once CP3 got here Wade and LBJ started showing love to Harden in posts. Harden has two NBAPA MVPs and will finally win 1 of the 3 rightful NBA MVPs he has earned, he has max salary and endorsements. The only thing he and CP3 don't have are championships. I guarantee you that was part of the agreement when CP3 came over here. Reports of CP3 recruiting LBJ wouldn't be happening without Harden on board. All of what you hear is smokescreen by the media. Harden still gets tired and LBJ has signaled he wants to play off the ball, which is code for I don't want to have to carry the team every night any more. The Rockets already play his style and know everyone of his plays and where he fits. There is no one that has studied his game more than Morey. Harden needs to secure his HOF legacy just like LBJ is securing his. LBJ and CP3 want to extend their careers and this does the same for Harden. Have 3 HOF on court with Capela for half the game will be devastating. Having 2 HOF on court at all times will destroy second units.

5. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

He does but he knows that will never happen because teams could never be insured for the liability should something happen. The Miami doctors went through a lot to deal with his safety issues and the NBA agreed. He is not getting past that hurdle. There were excellent reasons why the risk of him playing was too great. That is a young man with a family and his entire life ahead of him. You should be able to make decisions for yourself but when it puts other people in jeopardy professionally there is a line that cannot be crossed. The NBA does not want a Reggie Lewis or Hank Gathers situation and this one would be unforgivable because they clearly would be criminally and legally negligent and culpable and maybe no amount of waivers could protect them from the liability. He was a great all-star player with a great career that won championships and made quite a fortune. It's a shame it was cut short by health reasons but that happens all the time in sports.

hakeem94 and amaru like this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

3 - 13 - 23
    3 threes
    The Numbers line up the GEMANTRINWkknVKL: is right!

Rocket River

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Harden will have his MVP
    Harden has his HALL OF FAME CAREER
    Now
    HE needs a Championship

Rocket River

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Feels more like Bosh trying to get Lebron to Houston and then sign with us himself.

At this point, it'll take a group effort from other players and teams to help Houston top the Warriors.

At least our dynasty wouldn't last 5 years like the Warriors if they just keep doing what they are doing.

amaru and Caesar like this.
  9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Capela is a restricted free agent, and the Rockets can either sign him themselves or match any offer he gets from another team. He wouldn’t have a say in the matter.

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

What are the odds Bosh gets cleared to play? I don't know about Jeff Greens heart issues but he was cleared to play and played a full season. Would love Bosh as our C if we lose Capela.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

0 man no team will say yes to him

amaru likes this.
  12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

What? He absolutely has say in the matter. He gets to pick his team, the Rockets get to keep him or let him go, with no power at all to decide WHERE he goes.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

First time was the deepest, second time close.

[​IMG]

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I was thinking this too, but then I can't tell if it helps or hurts his credibility.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Would have already happened if it was going to.

amaru likes this.
  16. DVauthrin

I apologize for saying Capela has no say in picking his next team, as that’s not true. However, he has nowhere close to the level of say that an unrestricted free agent has. Here’s an example: Let’s say the Rockets approach him with a Sign and Trade (at the max) to Cleveland for LeBron, and he balks. He then signs a max deal with someone like Phoenix. The Rockets will tie up the Suns cap space for three days, then match the offer. The Rockets aren’t letting him walk to another team no matter what. The only way he’s not a Rocket is if he is willing to be part of a sign and trade for a star like LeBron or Paul George.

If the Rockets and Cavaliers worked out a deal where the Rockets signed and traded Capela to Cleveland (for the max) for LeBron, Capela gets his big payday and he is the Cavs starting center from day one. Don’t see him turning that down.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

i think lebron comes to Houston because the mere fact Boston will dominate the east now for the next 5 years! two super teams he now has to worry about, you go to the team ready to compete with those teams ala Htown.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, he could really go to Boston though, and that...is something that works.

amaru likes this.
  19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I really don't see your logic here. Sounds like you are saying Capela's options are either

1. Go secure a max offer from someone else, ensuring he is the Rockets starting center, where he absolutely thinks he can win a ring next year.

2. Become the starting center on the Cavs, a sh*t show of a rebuild.

Yet you say you don't see him turning down option 2. this sounds absurd to me.

20. DVauthrin

Only if the Celtics are willing to trade Kyrie. Kyrie doesn’t want to be in LeBron’s shadow anymore.