1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CC has finally matured into THAT player

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Plowman, Oct 8, 2020.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

The team pitching is good enough. And we still have some potential second aces in the fold, including Javier, Whitley, and Valdez. Sign the boys if they are willing and keep the core together.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of praise for Carlos Correa

Plowman likes this.
  3. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Correa's walk-off barely went out...yawn.

Seriously though, and a few have touched on it, but I probably enjoy his arm more than anything. On routine double plays, the camera can barely catchup, it's freaking amazing.

This is an uber talented kid, who is a natural leader. He led a winning culture through his minor league career, and very happy to see that that's carried over at the big league level. Stay healthy young man, and continue to have fun out there!

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Correa is 7th on the career post season RBI list tied with Reggie Jackson. He has a legit chance of catching Pujols if we get to the WS. He's ****ing 26 years old with 2 seasons of major injury. How crazy is that?

thedreamsteam and Plowman like this.
  5. Mattician

Mattician Member

Do whatever you need to do to keep Correa.

6. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Carlos has been great, but if Crane can't get an extension done in the offseason I don't have a problem trading him for the right deal. He is still an injury prone player with a bad back. A 60 game season where he was not good during the season and great for the post season does not change that, However, if it boosted his trade value I would look into it. If the Reds would deal Castillo I would look at that. If a bigger deal with the Mets could be worked out for guys like McNeil, Nimmo, Lugo, or Smith I would look into that as well. Maybe the new owner of the Mets wants to make a splash and get that long term SS who was the best player in the playoffs.

I don't expect him to be traded but I'm not all emotional about it like some around here seem to be. We don't need a Ginacarlo Stanton like contract on this team. He's great when he plays.... 60% of the time.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

CC has the 7 spot all to himself. Now consider his age and number of plate appearances, and his numbers are even more amazing. Jeter only has 11 more than him with almost 3 times as many plate appearances.

Playoff Runs Batted In (Career)
    Rank. Player
    1. Bernie Williams 80 545 PA
    2. Manny Ramirez 78 493 PA
    3. David Justice 63 471 PA
    4. Derek Jeter 61 734 PA
    David Ortiz 61 369 PA
    6. Albert Pujols 54 334 PA
    7. Carlos Correa 50 266 PA
    8. Reggie Jackson 48 318 PA
    9. Chipper Jones 47 417 PA
    10. Jorge Posada 42 492 PA