1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CBSSPORTS: Why Lakers Should Sit Lebron & AD

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Aug 5, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope they don't.

Rockets dont always give best effort vs. weaker teams.

Plus I want to see a Lebron beat down.

This is an excellent article and author really understands the Rockets Skill Ball philosophy.

I was impressed. But you can also smell the fear.

Lakers are trying to duck us in the playoffs. They are praying for Rockets to get to 3rd seed. And are willing to help is get there.

What makes the Rockets so dangerous? Precedent, for one. They're the only team in the group to beat the Lakers at full strength, and they did so while test-driving their new small-ball lineup on the night of the trade deadline. That group has by far the most upside of any possible second-round opponent. After all, they have two more former MVPs than the other three teams combined in James Harden and Russell Westbrook.

#1 D-rock, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Roomba likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Out of all the “elite” teams, the Rockets play down to their competition the most. I totally agree with you—I hope the Lakers play their best lineup. That way, win or lose, we can have a better idea of what the playoffs will be like

D-rock likes this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

They better play!

D-rock likes this.
  6. macan

macan Member

i think they play the first half for tv rating. then they'll sit the second half.

D-rock likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

jch1911 likes this.