1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can SOMEONE, ANYONE PLEASE reel in the Mad Scientist??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Aug 7, 2020.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

MDA is like a Mad Scientist!! He is stuck in his ways and he believes he has the right formula BUT his ASS KEEP FAILING!!

He continues to play his starters way too many minutes and he doesn't let his younger/bench players get any playing time to prove themselves and it will continue to be his down fall! In the 4th Qtr. after the 5 minute mark, there was no reason why Harden should have been in the game. The Rockets were up by 13, why continue playing him? Harden played until under a minute left to play.

Even when Gordon comes back, the issue is NOT in the back court, it's in the front court. He's going to NEED SOMEONE ELSE from; Carroll, Cabocalo or Mbah a Moute to get 10-15 minutes, IF HE WANT TO HAVE A CHANCE AT WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

With the way the Rockets play, with the amount of energy they exert, it is impossible to ask Green, Covington and Tucker to play extensive minutes and expect to win!

Common sense should tell MDA or someone within the Organization with Common Sense should tell him, if your game is built around the 3 and when you are playing your players too many minutes, the first thing to go is your legs.....eventually those 3's are not going to fall! WHEN WILL HE LEARN?

kjayp likes this.
  2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Harden comes out when Harden wants to come out. Harden wants to get ready for the playoffs. Harden has work to do and he can't do it from the bench.

I understand the risks but think you overestimate who is calling the shots here.

don grahamleone, D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  3. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden also sat down near the end of the 3rd quarter when the rockets had an 18 point lead. I was thinking to myself that maybe he wouldn't have to come back in, and could sit for the rest of the game. 4 minutes into the 4th quarter the lakers cut the lead down to 5. So I can't say I agree with the OP here. It's rough with both Westbrook and Gordon both out.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Harden does not want to come out of games and will not come out of the game earlier. MDA has said it in a playful manner and Harden has made it very clear, he wants to play and isn't coming out.

Deuce, D-rock, diehardrockets and 4 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

oh boy, another thread with the same take we’ve seen a million times already

Can CF get some new material please?

our chance of a title rests on giving 10-15 minutes to bench scrubs...

right...

Carroll moves and plays like he currently has 2 torn ACLs, and Luc hasn’t played in like 2 years...just stop it with those 2, they aren’t the answer to anything

Bruno? Dude is another fringe player that gets highlighted because of “potential”

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

5 minutes is eternity and 13 point lead is nothing in today's NBA. For the record MDA did play Frazier today even though he sucked out there. And the fact that MDA went with Frazier means Carroll and Luc must have sucked in practices.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

I think this is a big part of it too. The Rockets do not usually protect leads well when Harden sits for long periods of time.

Also the reality is that the Paul trade, and then the Westbrook deal and the Covington deal sucked a LOT of really good possible assets from the Rockets. While those deals are were necessary, the point is that the Rockets do not exactly have incredibly talented young players on the bench waiting for minutes. When the Rockets have been able to get physically gifted kids, like Bruno or Chriss; they have been too immature to garner playing time.

Even someone like Jeff Green, that has been fantastic for the Rockets, has a poor track record when it comes to consistency.

Deuce, D-rock, saleem and 1 other person like this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This statement applies to every thread if you've been here long enough. It's the same **** over and over. It's why the GARM tends to be dominated by the less tenured posters.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

@Haymitch reading the same tired old GARM threads

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum, D-rock, Louka and 8 others like this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

everything went downhill after chandsome left us

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

When will we ever see someone pull off a 360 Tbag dunk again? Never.

Jontro likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yao faints.

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The looks department definitely went downhill.

No more Insta models just Harden's big booties.

Thots.

#13 daywalker02, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Jontro likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

#BallGame

D-rock likes this.
  15. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

they've had 4 months of rest already... and it's only an 8 game reg season warmup before the playoffs with no travel fatigue, no nightlife, and only one back to back coming up. any coach that believes in letting his team relax and coast right now is doing it wrong and is in for a huge letdown in the playoffs... it's not that easy to just turn up the intensity after that long of a layoff with almost no preseason/training camp for conditioning.

this is the one time where you should be happy that d'antoni is sticking with an 8-9 man rotation with his main guys playing 30-36 mins so that players are in peak fitness come playoff time and can build more chemistry with each other on the court. this really isn't the time to experiment with rotations or fringe players and coast before the playoffs.

D-rock, 34to11, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

as far as overplaying starters, the playoffs are around the corner. its normal to play your starters more minutes. we are getting playoff ready. the raptors have been doing the same. I like our rotation right now the only thing I'm worried about is EGo. I just don't have faith he is going come in and finally play well this year. his poor play hurts us so much man. not only is he bad but he takes minutes away from guys playing well. it feels like we have to win in spite of ego pulling us down.

17. ballgame

ballgame Member

18. ballgame

ballgame Member

None of you bother to read the whole post! You saw HARDEN's name and stopped! If you had read the whole post, you will see that my problem is playing the players in THE FRONT COURT too many minutes!

I stated, even when Gordon comes back, the issue is NOT in the back court, it's in the front court. He's going to NEED SOMEONE ELSE from; Carroll, Cabocalo or Mbah a Moute to get 10-15 minutes, IF HE WANT TO HAVE A CHANCE AT WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

With the way the Rockets play, with the amount of energy they exert, it is impossible to ask Green, Covington and Tucker to play extensive minutes and expect to win!

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

b****in' about MDA - you know I'm on board! lol!

Maybe we get lucky this year...

but I'll be happy next year when MDA is gone and we get a coach that can utilize 2 MVPs without feeling the need to reinvent the wheel in the process...

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Unfortunately, yes.

Reeko and D-rock like this.