1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

calderon steps aside for tj ford

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coldsweat, Mar 27, 2008.

1. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...vic-to-start-wednesday-night-for-raptors.aspx

Calderon was asked why he went to Mitchell and asked for a return to the bench and a poised Calderon told the reporter, "I went to him because I thought we needed to change something because something wasn't working.I thought we needed something. We didn't know exactly what was going wrong, or what exactly the problem was, and we still don't know but the good news is we won (tonight). It's good for the Raptors and it's good for the team. That's all we have to think about."

this is why i love calderon - he's in a contract year yet his main focus is to improve the team and consequently he sacrifices his starting position. what a class act.

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Would love to sign a taller point guard next year like him.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't know... If Calderon thinks he is the problem and Ford should be starting he clearly lacks basic basketball IQ and logic. :p

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Raptors needed to do something to shake things up. I don't know how much this will help because they are still downy soft. They need a couple of tough, non-finesse players in their rotation.

5. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Jose is better than T.J but i think he would be better going up against billups

6. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

anyway rox can sign calderon or tj?

7. mandoo347

mandoo347 Member

definentally a class act
    you cant take away a players starting position because of an injury
    its not like tj screwed up and lost his position skill wise
    calderon will will get huge minutes rotating with tj
    but if the rockets can pick up calderon is awesome
    grea court vision
    and can shoot

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

No way will the raptors let calderon leave. That guy is going to get PAID in the offseason.

9. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

i don't know. to me it's lack of confidence and sign of weakness. great player always think they're the best.

10. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

So if Darko Milicic began to think hes the best, does that make him a great player because of confidence?

Calderons been more effective at the point because hes just not merely a single/doube threat as tj ford is time to time... Jose is a triple. He can shoot, drive to the lane, and pass.

11. cshen

cshen Member

a player without confidence will never play in NBA

confidence != thinking they're the best