1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bleacher Report]How Badly Do Houston Rockets Need an Upgrade at Point Guard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Junkyard Dog, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Handles

Handles Member

Ha, it's too subjective a topic to spend time on when I should be working :p

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

^^^This, lmao.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Will he finish top 3 in MVP voting this year?

1 person likes this.
  4. Possum

Possum Member

Exactly but people like yoyo will argue till they are blue in the face before finally using well "my definition of superstar is different than yours" to save face for making a stupid comment. He has a long way to go.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

does that matter? oh so your statement only applies to this year right and only if the player plays for houston..makes sense.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol you're still at it..you seem so hurt. pretty funny. seems like you're the only one arguing really. i've clearly stated my basis on what a superstar is classified as and i don't see much to counter my opinion, especially from you.

1 person likes this.
  7. Possum

Possum Member

That's because I'm smart enough not to get in your stupid little strawman argument about "superstars". I'm still waiting on you to show how we have an inferior roster minus the two "superstars" to the ones I pointed out earlier. You have yet produce a single sentence that's relative to your point. It's funny how you keep avoiding the question. It just makes you look full of doody.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

curious but what are you doing now?

so taking away harden and howard. is there an all star caliber player like bosh on this team? is there a great shooter like ray allen on this team? is there arguably one of the greatest rebounders/defenders like rodman on this team? is there one of the greatest 3 pt shooters like kerr on this team? is there one of the most clutch players like big shot bob on this team? is there a 6th man of the year and international fiba champion like kukoc on this team?

again step outside the houston box and familiarize yourself with the history of other players in the NBA game and stop being such a homer

9. Possum

Possum Member

:rolleyes: I actually watched ALL the players you mentioned. I don't need to familiarize myself with any of them.

DMO
    Jones
    Smith
    Ariza
    Brewer
    Terry
    Beverly

now match them up with the rosters of

2012-13 Heat
    2011-12 Heat
    2010-11 Mavericks
    2009-10 Lakers
    2008-09 Lakers
    2007-08 Celtics
    2007-08 Celtics

and so on.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I asked a series of questions previously. Please answer them. What about those players you listed. Aside from terry they have no significant nba accolades under their belt and terry is definitely not the same player he was at this point. Until you can answer them I'll be moving on. Nice try

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm LOL'ing envisioning YOLO & others typing all hard, arguing something that is 100% opinion at the end of the day as fact. People have different opinions on what makes a player a superstar, and always have. Breaking: different opinions are okay.

12. Handles

Handles Member

Lol, keyboards do last longer if you learn to avoid the black hole arguments. Gotta save those key strokes!

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still surprised that most people here feel that Dragic is unattainable. Is Phoenix, if they're smart, happy with just struggling to get the 8th seed? They are in no way contenders with the lineup they have. Are they going to just trade for a draft pick? No! They will however give us Dragic for the right price. Dmo or Tjones should net us something decent. Tjones or a DMO and a pick and possibly one of our rookies/ isiah canaan can net us a Dragic caliber player. One of those two big men are expendable and right now I feel that DMO has the highest trade value. Whether or not Houston fans adore them. We have Josh smith who is staying and Dwight who is not getting traded. Dragic makes this team a contender with or without DMO and it definitely helps Phoenix out.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

what is just a regular star??

can i have some examples please

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I think they just might be. They were close last year and beating off the Thunder and New Orleans for a spot in a very tough bracket might be seen as a pretty decent sign of improvement.

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

When Bev has proper help from his bigs he plays well. Check out the defense with him in the game with Dwight. D12 is great at protecting the rim and horrilbe at PnR, laying in the lane allowing easy spot up jumpers and 3's.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Everybody's definition is different. All because you defines it differently doesn't mean it's the only set definition of what a Superstar players is in the NBA. There are several former NBA players, NBA coaches, expert NBA analysis and reporters who views Harden as a Superstar in this league. Now there a few who are in agreement with your definition but the mast majority defines Harden as a Superstar.

18. hakeemthagreat

I'd like Lawson. He's the close thing we'll get to the ideal point guard. He's fast, can create, can assist & is a ballhawk on defense. Not sure how Dragic's become the magical fit for us. He can score, but that's it. He's not a assist man or even remotely close to being a good defender. We will score more points, but will get torched by every elite PG in the league.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

it was clearly stated imo from the beginning

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

All nba team dragic > Lawson