1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Banking

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by trueroxfan, May 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Happy Friday everyone...

Without getting into too much detail I would like some advice on good banks to use in Austin. I am leaving Wells Fargo after a heated disussion this morning in which 2 "Customer Service" agents and 2 "Supervisors" basically told me to F off when I asked them to explain to me why I was being charged $25 for a returned online transfer, when all the info was correct and the funds were available.

I have seen them take off overdraft fees several times. I have never asked for any of this. I make my cc payments on time. I have maxed it out and paid it off several times over the last 6 years and now I want to know why I am being over-charged and they don't want to help me.

So anyways....

What banks do y'all suggest I switch to, and why?

I appreciate any help you can give me...

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Credit Union.

1 person likes this.
  3. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

This. And you've got plenty of good options in Austin: UFCU & Amplify are a couple of good ones.

After opening my first CU account 8 years ago, I'll never go back to banking at a large institution...

1 person likes this.
  4. updawg

updawg Member

Ive heard good things about UFCU, United Heritage, Austin telco for cu. I had a car loan thru united heritage a long time ago and they were good

Also have heard good things about frost bank

1 person likes this.
  5. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

It seems we get more questions related to stuff in Austin than Houston now days.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I was going to suggest Wells Fargo.

7. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

lol i work for wellsfargo i can look at your accounts if you like.

8. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I've spoken with 2 customer service agents and 2 of their supervisors. If you can take off this $25 fee than by all means take a look lol.

As for the Credit Unions, I have heard they are the best. Why is that?

As for the Austin vs. Houston posts, there are a lot of Houstonians living in Austin, be it for work or school. No one likes Dallas or San Antonio, so naturally they're Rockets fans.

9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

lol me to. kind sir. As an ousted prince from Thisisnotascamzania, you can trust that if you would only so humbly allow just transfer unoffensive sum of funds to your account to begin the evaluation upon good faith, we could do so with your safely transmit account information. Peace be with you.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Nigerian barristers are really the only safe places for your money these days.

11. cloudng8

people like credit unions becuase of better interest rates... but u got to remember with CUs you lose the convience of them every around every corner and usually have 1 or 2 locations.

12. cloudng8

Also it's easier to get loans becuase there such a small bank there more willing to lend out money.

13. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Credit Unions aren't that great. They're never open when you need them. I see it all the time at the airport. You have no one to talk to after 5 pm. Chase Bank is the way to go.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

A+ FCU

Great service and services. Low fees. Plus, it's in the FCU network so you can use any FCU atm with no fees or make deposits at any FCU branch.

15. smokieethabear

I heard Houstunnin is high up the ladder at Wells.. He could easily reverse that fee.. he'll just need your social/routing#/account#/DL#/d.o.b/ etc...

16. fzr11017

fzr11017 Member

Does anyone recommend online banking (Ally, ING Direct, etc.)?