1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austria re-runs presidential election post-Brexit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dei, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Dei

Dei Member

Austria Gears Up For Post-Brexit Election Battle

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07/02/austria-gears-post-brexit-election-battle/

Possibly second country to get out of the EU happening.

The FPOe isn't really that far-right. They're more center-right with policies supporting gun freedoms, border control and maybe deportations.

2. Dei

Dei Member

This weekend. Watch it. If Hofer wins, we'll be seeing another conservative as head of state of a Western nation. Austria's another member state that contributes more to the EU budget than it gets back in rebates.

Hofer's pretty popular in Austria because of his perfect smile:

[​IMG]

3. Dei

Dei Member

Hofer lost! Incredible. I guess Austria hasn't been as heavily badly affected as France and Germany by African migrants raping and looting to come out strong against further European integration. I shudder to think what Van der Bellen, who is a Green, is going to do to that country. Greens are about as out of touch with reality as it can get.

Half a sad day for civilization. Still, viva Italia!

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol @ you. Funny thing is after Brexit support for the EU went up in Austria and Trump's election ruined whatever bounce Hofer expected to have.

Trump is going to destroy this little 'movement' before it even begins. You should be worried about what Trump is going to do to this country, the brain drain, the dumb foreign decisions, already selling out to big money.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. Dei

Dei Member

Wishful thinking.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's not really wishful thinking though. It's just what is happening. I wish Trump would prove me wrong but since he's already selling out to big money I doubt it. Brexit gave EU support in Austria a bounce and Trump's win didn't give your man a bounce either. Trump is viewed as unfavorable every where, even here. He has an uphill battle to fight. The sad part about it, about all of this...is that he fooled his base into believing everything he sold to them.

That wall gets smaller every week.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. Dei

Dei Member

Oh Christ, we're talking about Austria and 80% of your post is about Trump. Pretty obvious you're trying drag another topic in to be able to talk about something you have no idea about.

Hofer got 47% of the vote on a Oexit platform. Any EU exit platform would've been shot down last year. There was growth, it just wasn't enough to overcome the establishment. Like I said, Austria still hasn't been hit badly enough by the migrant crisis. Go to France or German and you'll just see support in kicking the migrants out.

The Italian referendum was an even bigger victory. Pro-EU Renzi resigned and anti-EU 5 Star is expected to get massive gains. French, Dutch, and German elections are next year.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not really, you just ignored the point of the post. You are missing the point, there was growth...then Brexit happened...then that growth shrunk. Get it?

As for Italy, the referendum results doesn't mean Italy is exiting the EU. Do YOU know what you are talking about? They would have to win the next elections which IIRC are 14 or so months away. A lot can happen in that time so hold off on the racist victory parade.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The people of Austria decided they are not this stupid.

daywalker02 and RedRedemption like this.
  10. Dei

Dei Member

I get that you're pushing a narrative. I, on the other hand, am making arguments based on related points, and not bringing up Trump on everything.

I don't know why you're repeating my point about Italy. I never said anything about Italy leaving the EU, only that they took a big step towards it. There have been talks of early election. I'm very happy about that.

11. Dei

Dei Member

But they did decide to be stupid by opting to further integrate into a failing union that's importing millions of migrants from the ME and Africa and will supplant their government with respect to holding sovereign powers. Oh well, the fate of the EU is far from Austria's hands. Hofer would've been a body blow to the EU but it's not essential to taking it down.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All my points are related to this, you just fail to make the necessary connections.

But they didn't? The referendum vote had nothing to do with leaving the EU. It is a lot more complicated than that.

Taking it down? I really don't get the goal here. Do you plan to replace it with some other alliance? Do you think Europe is stronger without alliances? That would be...dubious at best I suppose.

Do you know why the EU exists and what it was born out of? If you do then you'd be a lot more fearful of instability in the region.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Most voted against an anti European Union course, and anti right wing demagogue.

[​IMG]

#13 daywalker02, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  14. Buck Turgidson

You would think that of all the people, literally all the people, who would glom on to the "white supremacist" movement it would be the Austrians and Germans. Literally the creators of the old "Master Race".

Then I look at this guy:

[​IMG]

What Master Race? Burrito Supreme-acists?

That's how I pretty much picture all of them, from Dei to the tatted up Cali Aryans to the Wyoming "Patriots", from Florida Man to the Ohio tweaker who is trying to hog a whole set of teeth all to himself.

God Bless America.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  15. Dei

Dei Member

Here is your post:

I'll let the readers decide how much of it is about Trump rather than Austria which you're supposed to be talking about.

It was, actually:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. The EU was made to promote trade between France and Germany with the idea that trade between the two countries who were at the center of World War 2 would promote a permanent peace in the continent. But that version of the EU is long gone. In its original incarnation, the EU was a trading block which lowered tariffs and opened borders. It wasn't called the EU then but the European Economic Community (EEC) which, as the name implies, was all about trade. But now, the EU is a political entity that has higher authority than the governments of its member states. It was transformed from its trade origins because of a political project to create a United States of Europe to which no citizen in its dominion consented to.

Europe has always been and still views itself as many nation states with their unique cultures and languages (and rightly proud of it). The end goal after bringing down the EU is to return to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together and cooperating with each other when necessary. The notion that France and Germany would instantly dissolve into war from removing themselves from a political union is idiotic. Western countries today have no desire to go to war with each other. The notion that member states would be less off without a trading block is also idiotic. Switzerland, which is Europe's most prosperous nation, has more trade deals than the EU and is an industrial powerhouse.

There are lots of other things wrong with the EU but it's not my duty to educate you (besides, I'm not very hopeful for your case). I've talked about Brexit and the EU in these forums for a good amount now and have linked to materials regarding Euroscepticism several times in threads I know you've seen. However, pertaining to your question, it's sufficient to point out that national sovereignty is the main issue.

16. Dei

Dei Member

It's because he's not a Nazi, he's an everyday American. You crazy loons have been the ones screaming racist at anyone who disagrees with you.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I don't know how the gays feel, but sorry Dei, your guy is not as hot as that white amoeba dude on the sofa. Break me off a piece of that #$^%! Would grab.

Also, I think you're wrong to claim that all the hot dudes are Nazis.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You have reading comprehension problems clearly. Your entire thread is here to say "We are winning, we are taking one country at a time and building momentum." That post said that there is no momentum. Also you are stupid if you think Brexit and Trump have nothing to do with this, your cult heroes Farrage and Le Pen seem to think otherwise.

LOL I can tell you have reading comprehension problems now. Not surprised there. Did you read the article you linked?

What was the referendum about?
    This is what the people were voting against, they were afraid it was giving the government more power. They were not voting for or against the EU but their own government. You are assuming that the people that voted no would also want to leave the EU.

More...
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...omplex-populism-lorenzo-codogno-a7456526.html
    Who says anything about France and Germany going to war? The notion that the world is done with having major wars is idiotic and naive and completely short-sighted. It's also ignorant of human history. Someone dumb enough to believe in 'race realism' though would probably believe such. So explain to me then, why does Russia want to take out the EU and NATO?

What I loathe about some conservatives. "There are things wrong with the system...do away with it entirely!" I guess because there is too much work to fix their issues. Does Europe have a migrant problem? Yes, it does. Does that mean that the EU should dissolve away into dust? No, it doesn't. I think the currency and economy is a bigger issue for the countries that have groups of people wanting to leave.

Any ways, I know you think that various trade alliances are enough to keep peace, it's not. Because we can look at history and see how major conflict start which a lot of times come down to "I want what you have." and the greed of the deranged human mind and quite frankly the lack of empathy of the human mind, a mind like yours I should add.

It is also foolish to believe that the "Muslim" problem would go away if everyone just left the EU. The Middle-East is still going to be there. Likely getting more radicalized thanks to the leaders who are getting propped up in certain countries there. Europe borders these countries so their problems bled over into the continent, that's how it has worked since the dawn of civilization and how it will always work. The idea that isolation means you can deal with no one's problems is silly. America learned that lesson the hard way. The world is a small place, a tiny place.

19. Buck Turgidson

20. Dei

Dei Member

Oh, Trump definitely had an effect but your post was mostly complaints about him rather than his relation to the election. "Trump already selling out to big money, Trump supporters buying into his promises, wall getting smaller." Absolutely zero relation to Austria.

It was related to the EU. The referendum itself wasn't about membership but the EU was also a topic. As my article said, the PM was very pro-EU, this could cause snap elections wherein a sizeable amount of anti-EU parties could score big, maybe even force a referendum on the Euro.

That you're making it out that the referendum wasn't about the EU is you playing on words at this point.

You asked me what the EU was originally for. Did you not know that it was about creating trade between France and Germany?

And this is what I hate about liberals; when they can't provide a decent counter-argument, they'll create a strawman. I just said that the EU is a stealth political project to create a United States of Europe that ordinary citizens did not consent to. Its very existence is contra-democracy. Those countries should not be tied together in political union. They are separate countries.

In Europe? Hell yeah. They've moved way past the age of grievances from their monarchies. 2 world wars have been enough to make them realize the value of permanent peace and that they are more alike to each other in values than anywhere else in the world. The Western world stands above all the rest of the world in terms of cultural progress. There's a much larger threat coming from other places like the ME, China, and Africa.

That you don't know that shows you have a very narrow world view and lack exposure.

You close the borders and deport anyone who comes in illegally. Simple as that. You can't threaten my properly working civilization with your civilization descending into anarchy and extremisism by what I decide to do in my country/ies. Your fate is not my concern. If, after closing the borders, they do not behave, then Europe should bomb the ME and Africa to hell. You save the bright, good people and kill the dark, evil people. That's how it works.