1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone see the training camp clip from FSN?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MrButtocks, Oct 8, 2005.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Link

You have to use internet explorer for this video. I think Stro's mid-range jumper looked a little iffy; it should have a little more arc to it. And I liked Skip's post-entry pass. Toronto fans said he couldn't do it. But other than that I just like watching the rocket's offense being run.

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

thanks that was fun to watch. It was funny how rafer talked about his role:D

3. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

thanks for the link

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Stro banked it in too, which isn't usually a sign of consistent shooter. But that was only one shot we saw, and it did go in. And regarding his arc, T-mac has a very flat shot for such a great perimeter scorer, so whatever works. I'll reserve my judgement about Stro until I see him play, but here's hoping that Barry quote about his surprising shooting touch being correct.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

They had the correct rockets logo at the begining. And then at the end of the clip the flying dildo was there. :confused:

6. Stephen1616

Stephen1616 Contributing Member

Can't we get rid of that horrific logo. I hate that thing and love the much more simple R that we have.

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Does the video on that video not work for anyone else? The ad plays fine, but when the Rox clip comes up the audio works but the video stays stuck on the first frame of the clip.

Notice YOF's, Alston knows to get the ball to Yao.

8. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

he's already becoming one of my favorite rockets. he's cool man.

in the next segment that audrey lowe chick is beautiful. holy ****.

9. m_cable

I like the way he dribbles down the court. In this and other videos I've seen, Skip just looks so fluid and smooth when he's dribbling. Like he might be running fast, but he doesn't look like he's running fast.

10. munco

munco Member

"111" that's cool.

11. tshay

tshay Contributing Member

Good clip -- thanks for posting.

Couple observations:

Stro and Derek Anderson look like they're running with the first team (Yao, McGrady and Skip).

McGrady quote -- "He's a better fit for this team." Is he comparing him to James?

12. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

i noticed that

13. rvpals

rvpals Member

Alston's entry pass to Yao was good. I expect Yao and TMac to get a lot of easy points because it looks like Alston could be the point guard that can pass.

14. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

The entry pass to Yao was not Alston, it was #7, Glover if I'm not mistaken. However Alston did have a pretty good pass to Stromile inside.

15. rvpals

rvpals Member

It's little hard to see when the video is fuzzy. Regardless, I don't think it's too hard to hit a big target like Yao inside for an entry pass, especially when Yao was moving without the ball. I also think Yao can hit Stromile inside for easy dunks much like he was able to do when he feeds Cato for dunks.

16. m_cable

#7 is Wesley. Good to see him make that nice feed.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

On the first play, after Yao sets the pick, he still slides, instead of rolling. It a pet peeve of mine that he doesn't pick, pivot and turn, and roll. Instead he picks and slides and as such has to turn the wrong way to keep an eye on the ball. On the other hand, I guess it is just more fluid for him, and anything that gets him moving faster is better.

18. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

Thats right, for some reason I thought the passer looked darker (if you will) than Wesley.

19. SlvrBtl

SlvrBtl Member

you've obviously never seen the Skip tapes or Vol. 5? hate and1 but skip was always the only reason i ever watched it.

20. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

he has, he's the one that posted the skip and1 videos in the other thread