1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone know how to get rid of adhesive/glue residue on my bumper?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pen15clubber, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Took the lady's jeep to the shop last week and she used my old Yukon that I keep around for stuff like this while I was at work. Apparently I had the truck "parked too close to the bushes" so when she left the driveway she somehow ripled the right half of the bumper off the brackets. Now this is understandable, accidents happen, and it's not like it was on my new truck so this is a blessing. BUT

She went into panic mode right after it happened and used like 3 different types of adhesive (one has dried into a yellow color on the white paint) it is all over the bumper and the vehicle. Just globs of super glue everywhere. I have zip tied the bumper back onto the vehicle and I really don't care to fix it further right now as it looks fine and it's a spare truck. But how the actual *** do I get this **** off my ****ing car?! Nail polish remover? I mean it's everywhere

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

id recommend 3M adhesive remover. you can get this at most local stores walmart, lowes, etc

theimpossibles1 and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I was going to say Goo Gone

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  6. theimpossibles1

I put some gorilla tape on my bumper a few months ago. When I removed it only the thin black outer layer came off. All the adhesive stuff is ON THERE.

So this thread interests me too. So far 3M adhesive remover and goo gone are recommended. Anyone else got any ideas? This stuff is on there like for real.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i have the exact same problem, but too lazy to do anything about it. somone told me to wipe it with gasoline, so i might try, but too lazy.

theimpossibles1 and Pen15clubber like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Speaking of: has anyone tried the Flex Seal, Flex Tape stuff that the jackass advertises infomercially?

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Honestly too embarrassed to bring it to the body shop with half a Gallon of super glue gobbled on it

Jontro likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

goo gone will work on all that stuff. Also, don't use gasoline but instead use butane/lighter fluid. very effective at removing a lot of different materials.

on edit re-reading Pen's OP, if she really did gob super glue on it your best bet would probably be straight acetone, which you can get at Home Depot as well

Jontro and Pen15clubber like this.
  11. PotStu

PotStu Member

Little bit of gasoline