1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone flown recently?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Sep 19, 2020.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I really want to go to Cancun in a few weeks, but not sure if flights are still going out. Anyone flown recently?

2. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Yes, for work flew from Austin to Lubbock layover in Dallas both ways.

Leaving Austin, airport and flights were basically empty. Everyone was doing their part, was easy and safe.

Returning, busier but still fine. Overall - good normal Experience to me.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I flew to Arizona last month, but I'm pretty sure international flights are still grounded.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Some countries have re-opened to American travelers recently. Mexico don't give a damn about COVID, so you should be ok. lol. jk. You may want to check to see what's open or if there are restricted hours/occupancies that could affect you before you go there, though :

https://www.cancunadventure.net/covid19.php

TWS1986 likes this.
  5. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Flew round trip from Seattle to Vegas 3 weeks ago. McCarran airport was like an abandoned place...so creepy. Alaska Airlines did a splendid job, both flights were 1/3 full. I’m still here alive and healthy, but the empty airports just give me the creeps.

I’m holding off flying for now unless it is absolutely necessary.

2020 please go the hell away.

IBTL likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

I haven't checked the flights through Lubbock or Abilene, good idea to look though.

You could end up with a great vacation in Midland or Norman.

Uprising and IBTL like this.
  7. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I flew Delta in July. One of the best airlines to fly at that time. But I still didn't feel great about it. For me it's risk/reward. If the reason is important enough I'll consider traveling by air.

Anyways...

I know someone who just went to Cancun a few days ago, I'll let you know if they test positive soon. They said the flight was PACKED. 100%. Yikes. And I know several people that turned up + after resort trips.

Mexican's in America are not flying to Mexico right but they'll happily allow tourists despite the risks.

But yeah, if you're not worried about Covid and don't care about spreading it to others (selfish), they'll gladly take your money and fly you to cancun on a sardine can. No doubt about that.

Jontro and IBTL like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Coworker flew his family with two kids to Florida couple weeks ago. Also said flight was packed.

They didn't have to wait in line for rides. Was surprised not many were masked up, but didn't know about Florida Man until I told him about it.

It's totally risk/reward. He paid 400 RT from Cali to Florida, for the entire family

Houstunna likes this.
  10. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Make sure you fly inside the loop brah ;)

Ziggy likes this.
  11. Roscoe Arbuckle

RKREBORN likes this.
  12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I have and its been fine, everyone was in masks. I fly to Cancun on Oct 11th, heading to Playa and I have had friends who have been and said the resorts are doing a great job. Going by myself and plan to just chill alone, resort is only at 30% capacity.....rapid test when I get back just to be sure I dont pick it up

13. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

She’s a cutie.

Sajan likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Went to Cabo for a wedding. Tested negative upon return. It wasn't a huge deal, I had the whole row to myself.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't flown since New Year's Day. I have a friend who is moving to France on Wednesday. She's flying to London and then planning on taking the Chunnel to Paris. According to her the UK is letting Americans in and then France is letting people from the UK in provided they can show they tested negative in the last 72 hours.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Flew up to jackson hole a few weeks ago. Airport was a nightmare (DIA), incredibly crowded, no one giving a **** about anyone else, lots of people without masks. Would not recommend.

arkoe and TWS1986 like this.
  17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Fu<k it, flying to Cancun in a few weeks. Wish me luck

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

We've flown 3 times in the past few months including today. There are still a handful of idiots who flaunt the mask rule. It seems the employees are wary of confrontation.

Tampa, Minneapolis, Dallas and Atlanta airports have been well run. A lot of food services are not open or are closing early. Delta sky clubs are open. Delta is still keeping their planes 2/3 or less full.

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

I have flown over the weekend on a nearly full seating capacity, I did not anticipate that

20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Did you fly with kids?