1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else having cabin fever?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Mar 23, 2020.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Just cannot get along with anyone in the house at the moment. Have been eating non stop....ugh.
    Kinda scared wife and I won't make it through this...can anyone else relate?

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It hasn't been that long. If you were Jack Torrance in "The Shining", then the movie would have been over after 15 minutes. Here are the bodies. The end. ;)

Get out and trim a tree or something. Yard work can be therapeutic.

3. Asian Sensation

It’s just me and foods in the house. We are getting along way too well.

[​IMG]

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Have you been getting outside and going for walks to relax?

malakas, Lurch, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

My dog loves it. No friends or anyone is allowed over for a while so she gets long walks every evening. Spent all last week doing garden and yard work before the heat begins and to keep me away from the TV and social media. Very relaxing.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

We have been self-quarantined since last Thursday. So day 12. Saving graces have been riding bikes outside, taking walks to get out and when inside...activities. (I have 2 kids). Board games, puzzles, playing gin, time apart upstairs/downstairs reading books or watching TV or internet surfing. You gotta get outside...get some sun..the vitamin D is good for you. Then I have started drinking a little too much some evenings.

If you just sit around bored with the wife in an enclosed area you will go nuts.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I just got my backyard court installed about to train these kids.

DoitDickau and boomboom like this.
  8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

garden and yard work picture thread would be great.

right now everyone has time for that

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

How long have yall been married? Its only been a week, if that. If you cant stand her for a week, it may be time to look elsewhere.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Think about how the box your sleeping on is getting narrower and narrower by the minute. You wake up, and then hear the thuds of bodies all around you hitting the floor. A scream. It sounds like your wife. The Bed. Get under the bed. Two more screams. Two thuds. Footsteps. Your heart begins to race. Your dog begins to bark, and then nothing. A shadow in the hallway. You see boots in the darkness. But u cant hear the footsteps of the intruder because your ear is pressed to the floor. Pressure builds as your stomach is being compressed by the mattress above. The boots move. They walk over to your closet. And then you remember, you left a glass of water on the night stand. Your slippers are still on the floor. The bed sheets are undone. It knows your here. The intruder can sense it. The boots edge to the bed. Your heart begins to race. What are you going to do? What are you going to do! And then you realize it was you. You did it. And then...wait, is that a Matt Bullard poster on your wall. MY GOD! The Rockets Red R with dripping blood appears. CUT TO BLACK.

BaselineFade likes this.
  11. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

The recent Garden thread has gone dormant, so you can revive it or start an entirely new thread.

Nook likes this.
  12. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Chronic masturbation 24/7 is the answer to this.

13. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

making & keeping a schedule really helps me.

malakas, ima_drummer2k and Nook like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Yes I have had a couple very pointed comments from my wife.... but remember, don’t take the bait. This is day 13 for us and having other people over (quarantined with us) in some respects has made it worse.

Just remember there is a lot of stress going around and do what you can to diffuse it or at least not make it worse. That benefits everyone.

It is also normal to sometimes think “what the hell did I get myself into” or “this isn’t going to work”.... the overwhelming majority of people feel that way sometimes.

I don’t know you or your wife so I do not know the dynamics. Does your wife feel you make it more stressful? If you take yourself and kids out for a walk (away from other people) will she be more relaxed? Can you just smile and avoid her and tell yourself it will get better, it is just a terribly stressful situation? One thing I can tell you based on what you have posted in the past, I sure as hell wouldn’t initiate sex as long as this is going on.

Also ask yourself do YOU really want to be with her ( not in an ideal situation but as it is ), do you believe she is just stressed out or has she told you in multiple ways she wants out? These are the type of things internally you need to consider. You shouldn’t get mad or angry, just think about it inside. Are you contributing to the relationship? Is she contributing to the relationship?

Don’t be ashamed to discuss it with people you care about. There is no shame in it. Relationships are not easy and a lot of times it isn’t really anyone’s fault. Just find your internal peace and figure out if you are happy and if not, is it because of your relationship.

I am not trying to overstep bounds, I have just noticed some of your posts in the past and I know you have had some struggles (like we all do). I was deeply involved when my best friend and brother had problems and having been with my wife for 20 years (as friend, life style plaything, girlfriend and then wife) so I feel like I have experienced or seen everything.

15. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

As an introvert, this has been pretty sweet for me. I just binged all the WWF pay per views from 1998.

Rizzy, daywalker02, jev5555 and 5 others like this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The WWE network sub is amazing for nostalgia. Every episode and every ppv going back to the 90s is just nuts.

jev5555 and Clutch City1993 like this.
  17. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

It was a special time my friend. Will never get back to that level of hype. Still cool to go back and visit though.

18. likestohypeguy

Ouch just realized this didn't change all that much for me.

ryan_98, ThatBoyNick and RKREBORN like this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My nostalgia years are a bit later, from 2004 to 2008 was the time I was into wrestling as a kid, I'm sure the kids love today's stuff as much as we liked our years, but it certainly seems like it was a better show back in the 90's / early to mid 2000's.

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  20. jsingles

jsingles Member

I ride my bike around Towne Lake and Bridgeland to get myself out of the house. Weather has mostly been cooperative the times I want to go out. I am getting bored though.

RKREBORN likes this.