1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Rocket Fans in the UAE??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CompaqC, Apr 21, 2007.

Tags:
  1. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

I've been a Rockets fan for more than 10 years and i'm getting sick of watching and cheering alone, are there any Rockets fans in Dubai whatsoever? i know "Sane" is, but i haven't heard of him in ages.

If there are any Rocket fans in Dubai who would like to get together to watch the game, or the replay of the game since the game airs after 4:00 AM? then lets do it!!! Cheering for a team alone sucks a$$! :D

GO ROCKETS!

2. max14

max14 Member

no........

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Sane just posts under a different name now. And I can't remember what it is. Just do a search for Dubai in the Hangout and you should easily be able to find Sane's current moniker.

4. killahflip

killahflip Contributing Member

hey man!! Big fan right here! I'm here in Dubai at Sheik Zayed Rd...they actually show the game on tv here??!!

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

With all the oil guys and Halliburton guys out there, you'd think there would be some Houstonians, no?

6. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

Hey Killahflip, They'r showing Game 1 on ESPN, and Game 2 on NBA TV. I got both so i usually tape them and watch them the next day. I live in Jumeirah if you would like to meet to watch together, that'd be cool.

7. killahflip

killahflip Contributing Member

My work schedule is a bit hectic (12 hrs everyday) but maybe I might take your offer if it goes to game 7. Anyway send me a message with your personal email...it'll be great to watch a rockets game here in Dubai with a fellow houstonian. :D

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I have many friends from here that moved to Dubai... I wish I could tell you their emails, but I doubt they're watching the Rockets

9. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Clutchfans is like the United Nations. There are a crazy amount of Rockets fans everywhere.

10. timm

timm Member

WOW

Hey folks i am now in Dubai...work in the Media City area and live in Meadows. I am major Rockets fan!!! Been since AKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM era.

I was one of the first folks to report on Yao seeing in a live game in Guangzhou prior to his arrival in Houston!!!

My m-net cable is down!!! GRRRRRR I have m-net and Pehla. I hope to catch the game on the Fox Sport (pehla) but not sure of the games they will end up showing becaue of cricket. GREAT idea on watching together. I would like to watch a game or two together. Maybe game 7.....I am heading out of town on Monday and be back Friday night. Maybe a weekend game would be fine as well.

11. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

wow! more people than i thought....hope we can all arrange to meet for a game or two.

my email is hani.mohd@gmail.com

cheers

12. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

I'll be in Dubai around end of May so if we make it to the NBA finals, which we should, I'll join ;)

13. WILDBALLER

WILDBALLER Member

Man... while we are at it are there any Rockets fans in Cairo, Egypt? I was living in Trinidad and Tobago and had a good contigent of Rox fans there, but now I cant find anybody over here. Help a brother out... please