1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ANDREW WIGGINS (Once in a Generation)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by 713, Jul 6, 2012.

1. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Who do you guys rather have? Shabazz or Wiggins? Both are great young talents with high ceilings...

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hands down Wiggins. Just as good at offense, if not better. Higher ceiling. Better defender. And he's a great size for the small forward position. He's just an all-around better prospect, but both are great. If we could get our hands on just one of them I'd be ecstatic.

3. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

WIGGINS...

4. 713

713 Member

Shabazz - James Harden

Wiggins - Lebron

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This.

6. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I remember when Barnes was getting hype kinga like this a few years back. But they say he is taking claaes to reclassify if he wants to.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nobody was saying Harrison Barnes was on the same level as Lebron. They're saying that about Wiggins and he's only a junior. That's insane.

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Numerous people on this board and everywhere else were comparing Barnes to Lebron

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not from what I can recall. I don't know about Clutchfans, cause this site can get pretty out there with it's claims, but at least on Rivals and ESPN and such, nobody thought Barnes was on the same level of talent as Lebron. Barnes isn't even close to Lebron in terms of overall athleticism, and they all acknowledged that.

Wiggins, however, is a freak, just like Lebron was coming out. He's big, fast, tall, can shoot, defend, and basically do it all.

Barnes was a great prospect, but they weren't expecting Lebron-like things out of him. With Wiggins, they are.

10. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

LOL many were saying Harrison Barnes would be the next Grant Hill at BEST.. but more of a Luol Deng type of player. Which isnt a bad thing, Luol Deng was the consenous #2 HS Player in the Nation behind LeBron that year

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You don't need to be "LOL"ing at anybody dude. You said Derrick Rose "isn't that good" and Kevin Love is a "franchise changer" when he hasn't even gotten his team into the playoffs yet.

12. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Derrick Rose is OVERRATED.. not trolling just look at his career

he was annointed as the next MJ too soon, and was gifted an MVP(because of the LeBron "villan" season. Tom Thibs is the best regular season coach in the NBA, and that was proven when the Bulls were beating the Lakers and Celtics with a starting backcourt of CJ Watson, and John "freaking" Lucas

Derrick Rose and Westbrook are nice players, but the game has changed so much. Its so much easier to find an athletic PG nowadays, than it is too find a banger like Lamarcus Aldridge or Kevin Love. I dont Jeremy Lin is a bad player, and is worth his contract. Give me "talented" height over a PG anyday of the week.. ESPECIALLY IN Todays NBA

13. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

I meant to say, i dont think Jeremy Lin is a bad player, and will show the world that he is WORTH his contract

PG's shouldnt make 90 million in the first place anyways

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That doesn't change the fact that you said he "wasn't that good", implying that you think he's an average to above average point guard, which is blasphemously untrue. He's one of the top 2 PG's in the game today when healthy. Fact.

Secondly, it doesn't change the fact that you said you wanted a "franchise changer" and you would take Kevin Love. What has Kevin Love done to "change the franchise" of the Timberwolves? They have yet to be in the playoffs with him. Obviously I'm not saying Kevin Love is bad (he's a top 15) player in the league in my opinion, but he is clearly NOT a franchise changer. If he was, he would have AT LEAST snagged a playoff birth over the years.

Those are 2 areas where you are wrong.

The 3rd is nobody has said that Rose is destined to be the next Michael Jordan. They say that he's the best thing to happen in Chicago SINCE Michael Jordan, which certainly is a feasible claim since he has ALREADY WON MVP'S.

Because of this, you are so sadly mistaken in your claim.

I very much understand if you'd rather have a dominant big than a dominant point guard, but it's your reasoning that is so horribly flawed. Derrick Rose CLEARLY is more of a "franchise changer" (your words, not mine) than Kevin Love, and their respective careers prove that. And even if you think Rose is overrated, to say he's "not that good" as if he's average is just wrong.

15. Raven

Raven Member

If Les doesn't tank for this kid, even Bud Adams will look good in comparison.

16. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HJn74ufOx64" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Unreal....can shoot, drive, defend, finish with power, elite athleticism, and can just flat out dominate. Easily the best prospect in a long, long time

18. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose werent franchise players when they didnt have CP3, and the other a Top 3 coach in the NBA.

Kevin Love IS a franchise player. I would take him or Lamarcus Aldridge over Derrick Rose, and have Lin as my starting PG. I would rather invest that kind of money in a talented NON-PG

John Wall right now is not a franchise player, but we still have to wait and see, with Adelman coaching that team. They will get the max effort from those players, also it doesnt help that Love is in the Western Confernce

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

He is

i laugh at the OJ Mayo and Harrison Barnes comparisons to Lebron, look their high school mixtapes, and look at Wiggins

Wiggins is dominating players 2 classes above him, he owned Shabazz Muhammad at the Nike Hoops Summit, and he destroyed the "for now" #1 player in the class of 2013. He has the elite players scared to play him or matchup with him

Wiggins is so scary its amazing

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You are so sadly mistaken it's not even funny.

At least we agree on Wiggins